The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Come on lads. We all know this appointment is as much a commercial one as a footballing one. No shying away from that. Massive gamble. 

Im still excited.

But isn't it right that AVFC improves the commercial side of the business and that should be seen as a positive

11 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

Question for the doubters. What would he need to do to win you over?

for me, even if he gets some early wins, he still wouldn't have 'won be over' because i'm convinced deano would've turned it around anyway

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

Question for the doubters. What would he need to do to win you over?

Apologise for the hypocrisy he used to say about diving then spit on the This is Liverpool sign and admit he tapped up Gareth Barry in 2008

Then maybe I will give him a chance

• Haha 1

Just now, KMitch said:

image.thumb.png.9258721bcb682b1bee2117f543f0847e.png

If that wasn't what you were implying, please...  Explain yourself...

I was saying that the situation that the Saints fans were in is very similar to the situation that we would be in if we appoint Gerrard. The Saints fans were wrong that time. So it is not a forgone conclusion that it is wrong to appoint Gerrard. We simply do not know. Gerrard could turn out to be a bad choice or he could turn out to be a very good choice

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KMitch said:

So now Gerrard is Poch 2.0?  I'm usually an optimistic person, but this is farfetched...  🤣

I think he was trying to say that at the time Saints fans didn't know that Poch was Poch 1.0 and considered him dogshit; thereby we don't know whether Gerrard is any good or not and all of this debate is moot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

West Ham didn't want Moyes as well.

Shows how little some fans know about football management. I have no experience or knowledge of this so can only expect those paid to make such decisions understand the issues involved.

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Thats not true. Is plenty of available managers better than Gerrard. I didn't want Fonseca as I expected the board had bigger targets but he is much better option than Gerrard. Favre another one not world class and available 

That's how I feel.

I feel bringing Gerrard here is just bringing another Smith level Manager in. I don't want Gerrard I want someone who can clearly get us to top 10 and I do not have confidence Gerrard can do it. Gerrard himself has managed a Scottish team within a Scottish league and it will all be much more difficult in the Premier league for him to translate his success to the Premier. 

Owners I must say if they cheap out on this Gerrard move and bring him in then I have no sympathy for how much trouble we could be put in. What the Owners need to do is spend the money bringing a top level Coach in, they have spent money everywhere else so why not here in the Coaching section??