The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Surely the number one metric on which the new guy will be judged is "getting teams into Europe". That is the stated aim the whole time NSWE have been in charge. That also rules out the likes of Gerrard. 

Remind me, What was the name of the tournament Gerrard got Rangers to the last 16 of?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Harsh on who? 10 years ago Roy Hodgson was winning LMA Manager of The Year awards, taking Fulham to the UEFA Cup final and guiding West Brom to 10th in the league. He went on to be appointed England Manager. What exactly are we expecting from our next guy? 

Favre, his style is a lot more fluid. Hodgson I respect for his achievements but wouldn't be an exciting appointment if he pops up at your team 

Just now, bose said:

Please tell me Favre lives in Lisbon… 

Id rather Gerrard than Fonseca I think

Fonseca won everything possible in his 3 years in Ukraine (2 horse race)

Gerrard won one trophy from a possible 9 in his 3 years in Scotland. Callum Davidson won more trophys with St Johnstone last season than he has in 3 years with a huge difference in resources.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have no idea what @TheEgo knows but I have just put a bet on Fonseca. Pint or 2 for you mate if he’s the next manager. 

Odds drifted from 8-1 to 9-1 as soon as I made the bet 🤣 

I popped a fiver on him earlier at 13/2 I know nothing other than Sawiris whereabouts and that it isn't usual and scheduled last min.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jareth said:

Bare minimum required from his role, at his one club as manager, in a 2 club league. 

It wasn't what you stated though, but of course, that doesn't count does it?

Feel free to move the goalposts to suit the narrative in the vendetta against Gerrard.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Feel free to move the goalposts to suit the narrative in the vendetta against Gerrard.

It's not a vendetta - Gerrard is not qualified to come into a club whose sole aim is to get into Europe - no way does Gerrard out qualify some of the other names being mentioned. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Don't read too much into this but I heard Wes Edens spent the weekend in Melton Mowbray.

looks like he's on his way to recruit me then!

Trust me boys!, i will do a good job i promise!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Vendetta or is it Just not good enough appointment

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

It's not a vendetta - Gerrard is not qualified to come into a club whose sole aim is to get into Europe - no way does Gerrard out qualify some of the other names being mentioned. 

So now we're turning up out noses up at Champions League/Europa League managers!??

Only on VillaTalk. 

• Like 1