Relegation Avoidance Thread

HanoiVillan

1 minute ago, string28 said:

The same CP that just beat watford 4-1? the fact we lost to newcastle too you think these teams are now easy we said that about watford and newcastle who are fighting in the bottom in fact watford was bottom and yet we will beat them after losing to brentford, watford and newcastle??? the evidence on that is??? im not even been anti SG here im been serious.

Palace had an XG of 0.8. They just had an unbelievable night. Our XG was nearly double that against Watford on Saturday and we didn’t score. 
We probably only need 3 wins to stay up. We will get that easily. We will probably win 5 or 6.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We've done o.k v Palace in recent times so sometimes just have to look at how both teams match up. When we played them earlier this season they were on a pretty good run and we weren't and yet performance at Selhurst was one of the best of a mediocre season.

BTW if you think we can just have a 10 match winless run with Gerrard and nothing will happen then I think that's a bit odd given the metric was set with DS losing his job after five straight defeats.

There's no way after backing him in the Jan window that NSWE will just be twiddling their thumbs at this. Not that I think it will come to it as we're not 15/16 or even Lambert bad quite yet imo.

Yeah early in the season we beat newcastle 2 -0 no i dont think about having a 10 winless run but if you heard the fact why SG was brought in it wasnt to fight down at the bottom unless that changed over the last few weeks? The backing is what everyone wanted the fact the team looks lost is more worrying to me and the fact that losing at home to watford  then seeing them get  hammered by CP 4-1 at home im a bit worried but hey we go again lol.

Edited by string28

5 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Palace had an XG of 0.8. They just had an unbelievable night. Our XG was nearly double that against Watford on Saturday and we didn’t score. 
We probably only need 3 wins to stay up. We will get that easily. We will probably win 5 or 6.

CP won 4-1  at watford just let that sink in ok. lol

47 minutes ago, string28 said:

Yeah early in the season we beat newcastle 2 -0 no i dont think about having a 10 winless run but if you heard the fact why SG was brought in it wasnt to fight down at the bottom unless that changed over the last few weeks? The backing is what everyone wanted the fact the team looks lost is more worrying to me and the fact that losing at home to watford  then seeing them get  hammered by CP 4-1 at home im a bit worried but hey we go again lol.

If we keep losing Gerrard gets sacked in next six weeks, simple as that.

So probably Gary Mac coming in then and getting us two wins like in 10/11 and then we have yet another tedious reset in the summer and likely waste yet another season in endless transition.

I still don't think it will get that bad but Gerrard needs to start understanding other systems if coached properly can be more than effective at prem level.

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If we keep losing Gerrard gets sacked in next six weeks, simple as that.

So probably Gary Mac coming in then and getting us two wins like in 10/11 and then we have yet another tedious reset in the summer and likely waste yet another season in endless transition.

I still don't think it will get that bad but Gerrard needs to start understanding other systems if coached properly can be more than effective at prem level.

Agree! we cant keep changing mangers but also we cant keep picking the wrong ones too. If this fails i can see more the SG getting the boot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I think a lot of the thinking is (understandably) influenced by how poor we've been for the past 2 and a half games. But also worth remembering that it's unlikely this form will carry on forever.

Its 7 games now minus a few moments

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Not really. 7 games ago is when our good run came to an end but we've only looked consistently poor since the second half against Leeds.

Not true, Brentford game and we didnt lay a glove on Chelsea. Even the Everton game we won we were bullied except for Mings 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not true, Brentford game and we didnt lay a glove on Chelsea. Even the Everton game we won we were bullied except for Mings 

Lol absurd.

Chelsea - we weren't great but not terrible either, also unlucky with one of the penalties

Brentford - poor although still controlled large parts of the game

Man United - did well to come back, not remotely a poor performance

Everton - A decent gritty win against a team who many on here expected us to lose to under Duncan Ferguson

Leeds - very poor defensively but good going forward (which we haven't been in the games since).

It's just denial of reality to pretend that we were anywhere near as poor overall in those games compared to the last two.

If we lose our next 3 games, It might be time to get Dean Smith back, recall trezeguet, and pay someone off the dark web to turn harkeye turned off during our games. We might have a chance of staying up then

9 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Lol absurd.

Chelsea - we weren't great but not terrible either, also unlucky with one of the penalties

Everton - A decent gritty win against a team who many on here expected us to lose to under Duncan Ferguson

Leeds - very poor defensively but good going forward (which we haven't been in the games since).

It's just denial of reality to pretend that we were anywhere near as poor overall in those games compared to the last two.

4/5 teams above are in poor form

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

If we lose our next 3 games, It might be time to get Dean Smith back, recall trezeguet, and pay someone off the dark web to turn harkeye turned off during our games. We might have a chance of staying up then

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Lol absurd.

We had 4 shots on target vs Leeds a team that give up about 20 shots a game. 

Chelsea  we had I think 1 shot on goal vs a Chelsea team out of form

United we were ok when we went 2 nil down, we did nothing before 

If you want to bury your head in the sand and think Gerrard is a good manager then fair enough. I expected better from somebody who tore McLeish apart weekly but had a better win record and trophy cabinet in Scotland