Midweek Football 1/4 November

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Booking for the cynical foul, booking for being an arrogant clearing in the woods = red card.  I've no problem with it.

(Edit:  But it should have been shown as two yellow cards)

Yeah, I think as two yellows it would have been fine and I think if the ref had thought about it that's what he'd have given. He got the yellow out for the tackle, then put it away to get the red out when the player was being a wally. He's not been helped by UEFA's desperate rush to help him by claiming he gave a red for the foul, which is a ridiculous lie.

Right from the off though he looked like he was going to make sure there was only one outcome to the game - it's almost as if he came into the game believing that Atletico were the devious monster trying to trick him and he wouldn't stand for it. 

It's a really, really poor refereeing performance.

They’d have been better saying the referee made a mistake and in fact it was yellow + yellow but he forgot to brandish them and went straight to the final outcome. People will then move on.

Covering a cockup with a lie just makes it worse.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yeah, I think as two yellows it would have been fine and I think if the ref had thought about it that's what he'd have given. He got the yellow out for the tackle, then put it away to get the red out when the player was being a wally. He's not been helped by UEFA's desperate rush to help him by claiming he gave a red for the foul, which is a ridiculous lie.

I didn't see the game, so I'll accept other decisions may have coloured the interpretation, but from the replays of this incident I've not seen that this this bit in bold happened, he got out the little card holder and at different angles the yellow/red stood out, but the first card he took out was red as far as I can tell.

I also don't think it's an outrageous decision when you consider the angle the ref saw it from (below). Probably an orange card for me, I can absolutely see why he's given it. It doesn't look too bad on the main angles shown in the initial broadcast, but from his angle, that is pretty nasty. The trip is a yellow, the studs on the achilles have made his mind up

https://imgur.com/zMP9AqW (can't embed, sorry)

Edited by Davkaus

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I also don't think it's an outrageous decision when you consider the angle the ref saw it from (below). Probably an orange card for me, I can absolutely see why he's given it. It doesn't look too bad on the main angles shown in the initial broadcast, but from his angle, that is pretty nasty. The trip is a yellow, the studs on the achilles have made his mind up

https://imgur.com/zMP9AqW (can't embed, sorry)

I think the challenge is probably a yellow, it probably doesn't deserve a red but on the odd occasion a ref might give one.

He didn't give the red for the challenge though. 

35 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Pretty poor showing by Leicester  in this years Europa league 

Gives them a better chance of concentrating on the league, where they hope to finish the EL places... 

Also known as the MON cycle 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Â