Midweek Football 1/4 November

andykeenan

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I actually don’t mind McTominay that much. Works hard, tough tackler, scores a few. Not good enough for where United want to be but I quite like him.

I'm not sure I'd want him in our first 11, never mind Man United's

“He’s had 2 shots all game and scored them both”

”He hasn’t touched the ball this second half, but he’s got Man Utd out of jail”

“If Ronaldo doesn’t score those 2 shots, he’s a 2 out of 10”

Paul Merson summing up the Ronaldo problem absolutely perfectly on Soccer Special.

He’ll get all the plaudits again though :D 

Edited by bobzy

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

“He’s had 2 shots all game and scored them both”

”He hasn’t touched the ball this second half, but he’s got Man Utd out of jail”

“If Ronaldo doesn’t score those 2 shots, he’s a 2 out of 10”

Paul Merson summing up the Ronaldo problem absolutely perfectly on Soccer Special.

He’ll get all the plaudits again though :D 

They’d be better with someone who has 5 shots and scores none?

Anyone who thinks he is a problem is a fool.

edit:

32 accurate passes, 2 chances created, 4 shots, 2 goals.

Edited by Genie

Just now, Genie said:

They’d be better with someone who has 5 shots and scores none?

Anyone who thinks he is a problem is a fool.

They’d be better with someone who contributes to play, rather than having a pure goal scorer. 

Edit: It’s like an elite version of us with Darren Bent. 

Edited by bobzy

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They’d be better with someone who contributes to play, rather than having a pure goal scorer. 

Edit: It’s like an elite version of us with Darren Bent. 

B72495-A1-C496-467-C-9-B64-A47-AD469078-

Who do you replace Ronaldo with then? 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

B72495-A1-C496-467-C-9-B64-A47-AD469078-

Who do you replace Ronaldo with then? 

I guess my point is that they already had Cavani - who basically does what Ronaldo does, albeit at a slightly lesser level. Greenwood could probably do more graft and return a good enough goal tally. They scored 5 against whoever it was before Ronaldo joined.

He hasn’t added anything to Man Utd as a team, even if his individual scoring figures are great. 

Just now, bobzy said:

I guess my point is that they already had Cavani - who basically does what Ronaldo does, albeit at a slightly lesser level. Greenwood could probably do more graft and return a good enough goal tally. They scored 5 against whoever it was before Ronaldo joined.

He hasn’t added anything to Man Utd as a team, even if his individual scoring figures are great. 

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I think they’d be absolutely **** without him. Whoever they play instead of him is a downgrade. These goals aren’t tap-ins either, it’s not like someone else would score them if he wasn’t there. There’s 9 other outfield players to pass, create, tackle, run the channels. He’ll do the hard bit of finishing it off.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Genie said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I think they’d be absolutely **** without him. Whoever they play instead of him is a downgrade. These goals aren’t tap-ins either, it’s not like someone else would score them if he wasn’t there. There’s 9 other outfield players to pass, create, tackle, run the channels. He’ll do the hard bit of finishing it off.

Bruno was literally scoring tonnes of goals without him. Now they’ve brought CR in, changed the way they play to shoehorn him, whilst reducing Bruno’s effectiveness and having to bench Sancho as well. They signed him out of romance, like Ole (and partly to stop Man City getting him), and it’s likely set them back a season.

18 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Bruno was literally scoring tonnes of goals without him. Now they’ve brought CR in, changed the way they play to shoehorn him, whilst reducing Bruno’s effectiveness and having to bench Sancho as well. They signed him out of romance, like Ole (and partly to stop Man City getting him), and it’s likely set them back a season.

Why do you think Sancho can’t get on the pitch and they’ve changed the way they play with him in the side?

55 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why do you think Sancho can’t get on the pitch and they’ve changed the way they play with him in the side?

I’m no expert, but I watched a Tifo podcast earlier this season that explained how Sancho’s minutes/touches were similar at Man Utd to what they were at Dortmund (at the time), and how less effective he is at Man Utd, largely down to how Ronaldo’s lack of pressing means that the space in front of Sancho is reduced, compared to when he was at Dortmund and would run down the channels and create/assist/score from it. They touched on how Sancho playing with Cavani up top would actually, likely work better, because Cavani is a harder worker than Ronaldo, and this chasing and pulling of defenders results in gaps on the wing for Sancho to exploit. (As I say, I’m no expert, and I’m probably explaining it wrong, but I’ve read and watched a few pieces explaining similar CR7 problems).

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Ronaldo isn't the probelm. The probelm is a manager who hasn't a clue and dumb and dumber trying to play in central midfield.

There can be more than one problem.

• Like 1

Â