You won the Euro Millions, what do you buy?

Genie

41 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not played the lottery in over a decade but just bought a few for tonight.

First thing I’d buy is an Audi RS7, then a shitload of cocaine and whiskey.

If I survive the first week we’ll see what happens thereafter.

if you win can me and you be buddies for the week? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Your wife wants her penis reduced?

This reminded me of a programme years ago about a group of factory workers who won big on a lottery syndicate.

One guy (played by Timothy Spall) bought himself a Thai bride. She was initially a bit frigid but eventually he got her to open up and then revealed a bit more than he expected. She was very apologetic and said she hadn’t had the op yet. It shouldn’t be a big issue. He said, shouldn’t be an issue??? It’s bigger than mine :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’d buy a pub. I wouldn’t run it, just own it.

I’d be in there regularly, sat by myself, reading the paper, maybe by the reclaimed fireplace. Once in a while, a customer might say to their mate “What’s the deal with that bloke? He’s always here.” gesturing to me.

And their mate would discreetly say “Oh that fella? He owns this place.” and there’d be a sort of hushed awe of reverence which I assume all landlords command, while I’m still sat there, acting all nonchalant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’d be in there regularly, sat by myself, reading the paper, maybe by the reclaimed fireplace. Once in a while, a customer might say to their mate “What’s the deal with that bloke? He’s always here.” gesturing to me.

And their mate would discreetly say “Oh that fella? He owns this place.” and there’d be a sort of hushed awe of reverence which I assume all landlords command, while I’m still sat there, acting all nonchalant.

I really like that idea!!

6 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

what you got on tap?

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Records.

And a high-end hi-fi set up.

This

58 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Probably a house, a car, a few holidays, big wodge to the child

This

and I'd probably give some money to political orgs like the Electoral Reform Society as for charity it would probably be Amnesty International and maybe fund some actions by the Good Law Project

Then I'd probably set up my own music related charity to help unsigned musicians to further their potential careers, maybe even set up a record Label, buy a venue and a studio as a part of that

And buy some more records

• Like 4

Leave my motorhome with a man to get a full refurb. Fly off to Vegas with my wife and daughter for 2 weeks and aside from a house nothing much more.

Would take a voluntary job somewhere as I would drive myself crazy sat at home watching homes under the hammer. 

18 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

One of my clients was in the process of buying the village local.......then his wife found out.

Now he has a brewery attached to his business instead.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

what you got on tap?

Proper answer, it would most likely be whatever beers and ales are available from local breweries. I guess I’d have a sense of what people were drinking there beforehand and go from there. I’d include a handful of mainstream beers and ciders. 

It wouldn’t be a proper food pub. Sausage rolls, pork pies and the like - maybe. 

I’m slightly torn between the pub being in a more rural village setting or a town/city centre. I suppose if I had the sort of money that could be won tonight, I’d try both. 

Thinking about it, I’d look at buying the Brittania in Aston, get that done up and restored. It could be a great match day pub.

• Like 3

me and my other half have talked about it before and got into a row about how much i'd give her were i to win it (she doesn't play it but i do, and we're not married, so legally she's entitled to sweet FA). i dread to think if i actually did win the lot the rows it would cause between the two of us considering the 100s i've paid in lottery tickets over the years and she hasn't. i think giving her a good chunk to share with whatever family she likes is pretty generous of me to be honest....

but once we've finished squabbling we'd probably open a cat rescue centre. plus do shit like ticking off all NFL grounds, the coast to coast US drive, etc

wouldn't buy fancy cars...just lumps of metal that take me from A to B as far as i'm concerned. never understood why people buy sports cars. totally impractical

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

she doesn't play it but i do, and we're not married, so legally she's entitled to sweet FA

There's small print on the back of the ticket I think along the lines of she's not entitled to any of the cash but each thing you buy then comes with different rules, you buy a house for example and if she plays the partner card she can get half of the house that kind of thing 

I wouldn't leave my wife but I do wonder how much time we'd spend apart, I want to go to LA to watch NFL, she doesn't, that's 4 or 5 days that I'm away for, would be weird especially post lockdown where we've instead done the opposite and spent too much time together 

Â