You won the Euro Millions, what do you buy?

Genie

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

There's small print on the back of the ticket I think along the lines of she's not entitled to any of the cash but each thing you buy then comes with different rules, you buy a house for example and if she plays the partner card she can get half of the house that kind of thing 

I wouldn't leave my wife but I do wonder how much time we'd spend apart, I want to go to LA to watch NFL, she doesn't, that's 4 or 5 days that I'm away for, would be weird especially post lockdown where we've instead done the opposite and spent too much time together 

I think my wife would be delighted if I pissed off for a few days here and there after being in each other’s pockets for months.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There's small print on the back of the ticket I think along the lines of she's not entitled to any of the cash but each thing you buy then comes with different rules, you buy a house for example and if she plays the partner card she can get half of the house that kind of thing 

I wouldn't leave my wife but I do wonder how much time we'd spend apart, I want to go to LA to watch NFL, she doesn't, that's 4 or 5 days that I'm away for, would be weird especially post lockdown where we've instead done the opposite and spent too much time together 

i think you'd need those breaks. presumably you'd both retire so you wouldn't get those hours each day away from each other when you're both at work

In all seriousness it would probably be a good idea to have zero publicity and just tell people you've won a million or 2 to explain the spending away.  I think a goodly portion I would give to charity. Probably invest in green energy companies and grants for people to install solar panels or something. 

I’d sit down for a week or two, and watch every episode of Grand Designs ever, and decide which single home is my favourite. I’d go to the architect and say ‘I want that, but more.’

I also quite like the idea of having some sort of business on the high, or a collection of them…video games, board games, coffee, records, books, sushi…imagine the best Waterstones ever. It would haemorrhage tens of thousands of pounds a week, but it wouldn’t matter of course.

In fact, for locals or those who know it, perhaps I’d buy the Ropewalk in town and kit it out with various units like those listed above, seeing as council is doing SUCH A GREAT JOB OF THAT, YEAH I’D KICK THE JOB CENTRE OUT TOO

1 hour ago, TOTTI-THE-GOD said:

Quite simply i'd buy where i work and bulldozer it, I'd look after the few people I actually like working with the rest can quite frankly go to hell, I'd follow that up with buying a Villa in Orlando.

I'd create a food truck to keep me occupied. Loads of synthesisers, a pc that doesn't lag when I'm trying to use VST's. 

Once the money had gone through, confirmed 100%, I'd take a sledgehammer to the living room wall and clearing in the woods it in and peek my face through, manically screaming, how do you like the noise back you inconsiderate cun*s!?! 

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I’d love to travel the world (first class) going to as many major sport events as I could. The US masters, loads of F1, Major Football tournaments, el classico, yankees etc

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I'd look after my immediate family and make sure they were all comfortable. I would travel the globe in style and try as many new experiences doing so would provide.

Then after things had died down a bit and the new house(s) were sorted, I'd probably focus on investing in creative projects - art galleries, bands and of course movie production. All things that would easily fill my days and give me immense satisfaction. 

2 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

A house in Sorrento overlooking the Bay Of Naples. 

First class air travel for the rest of my life. 

Employ someone as a personal assistant to do all the boring things.

Holidays.

2 hours ago, bickster said:

and I'd probably give some money to political orgs like the Electoral Reform Society as for charity it would probably be Amnesty International and maybe fund some actions by the Good Law Project

53 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think a goodly portion I would give to charity. Probably invest in green energy companies and grants for people to install solar panels or something. 

11 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I'd create a food truck to keep me occupied.

I like all of the above, and I suppose if you win the thick end of £200m you can do quite a lot of it. I think I'd probably be most interested in a] investing in companies I genuinely thought would improve people's lives, and b] investing in film productions that I actually wanted to see get made (short films and low-budget stuff, obviously not anything big). Also I'd want to build our own house.

• Like 2

Pay off the mortgage. Various jobs around the flat.

Sort out friends and family.

Get a good lawyer and wrest control the my flat's freehold from the current arsehole.

Get me teef fixed.

Help out some charities. Local/national/international.

I would not buy a car. **** cars. If I absolutely need one I would hire one.

I like the idea of building a house from scratch but I just don’t have the imagination for it. Once it was finished i’d probably think of loads of things I should have done.

I look at some millionaire pads and think wow, I wouldn’t be we have thought of this. 

I’d probably just copy someone else’s house.

Â