You won the Euro Millions, what do you buy?

Genie

10 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's weird how anchored you are with kids, especially of school age.

Life would be oh so free travel wise without them, but they need that stability.

Nicer house is always gonna be number one answer.

I'd never drive again, unless I really wanted to for some reason, just hire a driver.

Lots of trips and experiences, although no matter how much I had, going for a salt bae meal would never be a part of the plan, that's what commoners do with money 😋

So I guess it's just a bucket list really.

And look after your friends and family.

this...and to be honest any quirky place like the fat duck either. just don't get the fascination with those sorts of places.

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Say what

An ex-butcher who sprinkles salt onto food in a "funny" way, goes viral for doing it and now charges £200 for a gold leaf burger and £600 for a tomahawk steak.

It's all flash and no substance - for the kind of people who love flashing their limited amounts of cash. 

• Like 1

I would be employing a chef / kitchen staff.  I'm craving a fry up right now, but have neither the ingredients nor the time to do it myself.  How awesome would it be to just send a text and set the team running to pull breakfast together.  A housekeeper would be in too, so I don't have to scrub a loo ever again, keep the house tidy, clean and organised.

Getting out of the rat race would be a joy.  The problem with the rat race is that even if you win it, you are still a rat.  Working stupid hours to make someone who never has to come into the office richer sucks, having to pretend that I'm passionate about whatever brand of server blade or cloud storage I'm supposed to be flogging this week is joyless BS.  I don't get paid enough to be passionate MF, the best you can expect at those rates is competent.  Never having to learn another company mission statement or core values! OMG the joy of not having to pretend that Capita are open honest transparent and respectful or that BP hold themselves to high ethical standards.

Mostly though, just take away the noise, take away the busy, star gaze, watch the sunrise, see the aurora borealis, spend time with the kids.  I'm not really too bothered about stuff, for me the money would just be buying me space to breathe.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Straggler said:

I would be employing a chef / kitchen staff.  I'm craving a fry up right now, but have neither the ingredients nor the time to do it myself.

I’d certainly hire a chef too, but i’d want them to make me food that was both tasty and healthy.

In my very limited cooking skills food is either one or the other.

43 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d certainly hire a chef too, but i’d want them to make me food that was both tasty and healthy.

In my very limited cooking skills food is either one or the other.

I'd be saying the same thing too, right up until I wake up with a hangover and want a Triple Fried Egg, Chili, Chutney Sandwich (tm Dave Lister).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ever since I was a kid (playing OutRun) I've wanted a Ferrari Testarossa Spider, so I'd probably get one of those. I was pricing one up a year or so ago and Mohamed Al-Fayed's was for sale at £125k, so it would be pocket change with 180+mil to spend.

1988 Ferrari Testarossa Spider Convertible Cabriolet — luxury vehicle For  Sale in North York, Ontario, Canada | LuxuryAutoMotoSale.com

I'd also try to buy a 308 GTS Quattrovalvole, like Magnum P.I.

Ferrari 308 driven by Tom Selleck in Magnum PI at auction | This is Money

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Ever since I was a kid (playing OutRun) I've wanted a Ferrari Testarossa Spider, so I'd probably get one of those. I was pricing one up a year or so ago and Mohamed Al-Fayed's was for sale at £125k, so it would be pocket change with 180+mil to spend.

1988 Ferrari Testarossa Spider Convertible Cabriolet — luxury vehicle For  Sale in North York, Ontario, Canada | LuxuryAutoMotoSale.com

I'd also try to buy a 308 GTS Quattrovalvole, like Magnum P.I.

Ferrari 308 driven by Tom Selleck in Magnum PI at auction | This is Money

Yea but Tom is tall, dark and handsome. Not short, bald and fat.

You'd look like a right dickhead - wouldn't that upset you, thinking that people are thinking "look at that short, bald fat clearing in the woods getting in that nice car over there mommy"? 

I'm assuming based on the fact you use a forum at all that you are representative of people who use forums (i.e. short, bald and fat people)

9 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I do this!. I call it Schrödinger's Lottery Ticket

Then essentially you're giving your ticket to Schrodinger, and thus - there is no way you could ever, possibly win.  Ya donut. 

I'd set up a bakery in town and hire all the bakers I've worked with who aren't complete words removed (there's a surprisingly large word removed ratio when it comes to bakers) on decent wages.  I'd probably keep working a bit as well, then buy the normal bollocks and go on holiday a lot.

7 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

An ex-butcher who sprinkles salt onto food in a "funny" way, goes viral for doing it and now charges £200 for a gold leaf burger and £600 for a tomahawk steak.

It's all flash and no substance - for the kind of people who love flashing their limited amounts of cash. 

Tacky bullshit isn't it? Probably why footballers and 'influencers' like it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

He keeps coming up on my YouTube and my insta so he's being pushed pretty hard

The worst thing is that when you watch him "cook" he can't actually do it, he doesn't know how to season (ironic given his name) and makes loads of basic mistakes but makes sure he looks flash doing it 

Seen some stuff about his restaurants all being shit, overpriced and losing money so I'm not sure if he's trying to constantly propel himself forward cos as soon as he stops the slide backwards will be at the speed of light 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Yea but Tom is tall, dark and handsome. Not short, bald and fat.

You'd look like a right dickhead - wouldn't that upset you, thinking that people are thinking "look at that short, bald fat clearing in the woods getting in that nice car over there mommy"? 

Hide contents

I'm assuming based on the fact you use a forum at all that you are representative of people who use forums (i.e. short, bald and fat people)

I'm TALL, bald, and Fedor Emelianenko styley fat... 😂

What people are thinking says more about them than it does about anybody else. I'd be especially unperturbed if I was, as per your example, dissed by a child.

Edited by Beastmix
  • Haha 1

A swimming pool filled with chocolate coins so that I can Scrooge McDuck freestyle into it for a swim. 

scrooge.jpg

Real coins would probably hurt a bit and this way I'd have a nice snack on hand if I got peckish. 

• Like 1

Â