How many points in the next 5 games?

villalad21

How many points?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Prediction?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/09/21 at 07:19

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

I disagree with that, obviously he needs service like any other player and if the ball isn't passed to him he won't score, same can be said about Haaland or Mbappe. But Ronaldo has the positional sense and movement off the ball to make the assist much easier for his teammates. This is a huge reason why he scores so many goals

Legendary strikers like Henry and Brazilian Ronaldo actually did not need service.

They could create their own goals a lot of times. Same can be said about Messi in his prime.

Not many of those left these days, and it's sad to see.

This version of CR7 doesn't scare me. If you stop Bruno you stop Ronaldo.

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Legendary strikers like Henry and Brazilian Ronaldo actually did not need service.

They could create their own goals a lot of times. Same can be said about Messi in his prime.

Not many of those left these days, and it's sad to see.

This version of CR7 doesn't scare me. If you stop Bruno you stop Ronaldo.

The top strikers dont need a lot chances they have the uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time and keep going until the final whistle. hes a massive threat. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The top strikers dont need a lot chances they have the uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time and keep going until the final whistle. hes a massive threat. 

Not if we stop the supply.

This isn't the 25 year old Ronaldo who beats players and scores worldies.

Barely ever scores a goal outside the penalty area these days.

Although I would agree he still is a threat he is not the biggest threat for me. The biggest threat is Pogba and Bruno. I'd even go as far as saying I don't think it's even close. Pogba and Bruno are by far their best players.

Edited by villalad21

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not if we stop the supply.

How are we going to stop the supply? Bruno, Pogba, Shaw, Sancho, AWB etc will get balls into the box. There is no way we are going to stop all of the supply. We must stop CR7. This is way he scares me as he is so difficult to stop. The guy's positional sense is the best in the PL if not the world

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

How are we going to stop the supply? Bruno, Pogba, Shaw, Sancho, AWB etc will get balls into the box. There is no way we are going to stop all of the supply. We must stop CR7. This is way he scares me as he is so difficult to stop. The guy's positional sense is the best in the PL if not the world

If they get an xG on 2-3 I don't think it matters who they play up front.

The outcome will be the same.

A 36 year old Ronaldo don't scare me more than Greenwood or Cavani does. Yeah he is still a decent player, but he isn't the player he once was.

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

A 36 year old Ronaldo don't scare me more than Greenwood or Cavani does.

The 36yr old Ronaldo who was recorded at 34.2km/h against Newcastle last week and sprinted 92m in under 10s at the Euro’s? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jim said:

The 36yr old Ronaldo who was recorded at 34.2km/h against Newcastle last week and sprinted 92m in under 10s at the Euro’s? 

What's your point? Pace doesn't automatically equal danger. 

Unless you think Dan James is a world beater. 

Ronaldo is still a good player but the way people talk about him is ridiculous. 

Not anywhere close to the player he once was. 

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm bookmarking your posts just in case he has a hat trick against us😉

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

A 36 year old Ronaldo don't scare me more than Greenwood or Cavani does. Yeah he is still a decent player, but he isn't the player he once was.

He doesn't have to be the player he once was to be the best striker in the PL. CR7 is one of the best players ever in the history of football. A decrease from that level is still an outstanding player. He would be in the starting 11 of each of the top 6 clubs if he played for them. If Dean Smith or any other manger is not scared of the Ronaldo threat I would say they are very naive. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 15/09/2021 at 01:13, villalad21 said:

Playing a high line. Fullbacks bombing forward. High pressing, leaving space behind. That is exactly what Spurs, Man Utd and Everton want the opposition to do.

Curious ... for the Everton match, the first goal came from the right wing back pushing up. The second goal came from our left wing back taking a corner from the right. And the third goal came from the left wingback on a fast break.

I hope Spurs and Man United want this as much.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Curious ... for the Everton match, the first goal came from the right wing back pushing up. The second goal came from our left wing back taking a corner from the right. And the third goal came from the left wingback on a fast break.

I hope Spurs and Man United want this as much.

And the corner that resulted in the goal was won by our right wingback breaking forward fully up to the right side of the box and trying to pass the ball into the box

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Ronaldo is just a poacher these days.

If he doesn't get service he isn't dangerous.

I'm more worried about Fernandes and Pogba.

You make him sound like 35 year old clogger Allan Shearer living off penalties and headers 

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

We won’t stop them… we will just outscore them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Ronald doesn’t scare you more than Greenwood or Cavani….. 😳

The guy is a phenom, I reckon he will go on being the best player in the World for another 4 years minimum!