How many points in the next 5 games?

villalad21

How many points?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Prediction?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/09/21 at 07:19

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Looking forward to the obligatory Pogba shithousery for a penalty early in the second half after we've been 0-1 up and comfortable. 

Then the late winner from some prick, most likely Maguires massive **** forehead. 

If not Maguire, then some youngster that's never scored before in their career. Or more probably Ronaldo.

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Ronaldo is just a poacher these days.

If he doesn't get service he isn't dangerous.

I'm more worried about Fernandes and Pogba.

I disagree with that, obviously he needs service like any other player and if the ball isn't passed to him he won't score, same can be said about Haaland or Mbappe. But Ronaldo has the positional sense and movement off the ball to make the assist much easier for his teammates. This is a huge reason why he scores so many goals

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

That goal really pissed me off at the time. Only scored 5 goals in 6 seasons at Utd and had to score a worldie against us

At the time, he hadn't played 6 seasons.  In hindsight and with time having passed, I'm still pissed off about it.

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

That goal really pissed me off at the time. Only scored 5 goals in 6 seasons at Utd and had to score a worldie against us

He also scored another decent strike against us at 2 goals down with 10 minutes to go in 2010.   They somehow managed to draw the game.

I'm convinced that there is absolutely no set of circumstances that can lead to us ever beating them at home again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

At the time, he hadn't played 6 seasons.  In hindsight and with time having passed, I'm still pissed off about it.

Yes pisses me off still. I just went through the pain of watching the goal again. 90th minute to snatch a 3-2 win. And you are more than right that he hadn't played for 6 seasons at the time. It was his debut for Utd at the age of 17. It all went downhill from there

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I'm convinced that there is absolutely no set of circumstances that can lead to us ever beating them at home again.

I brought my son to his first ever Premier League game at Old Trafford to see Man Utd v Villa in 1999. We don't live in England so it was up early, the excitement of a flight and a day out. What a bloody game to go to. I also put 50 on Villa to win 1-0 and Gabby to score and asked my son would he like a bet and I put a tenner on for him. He copied my bet and had 10quid on Villa 1-0 with Gabby scoring. We won 1,080 between us. It was a hugely memorably day in our life 😀

Edited by Peter Griffin
Changed a typo (live in England instead of like in England), that could have gone down badly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I brought my son to his first ever Premier League game at Old Trafford to see Man Utd v Villa in 1999. We don't live in England so it was up early, the excitement of a flight and a day out. What a bloody game to go to. I also put 50 on Villa to win 1-0 and Gabby to score and asked my son would he like a bet and I put a tenner on for him. He copied my bet and had 10quid on Villa 1-0 with Gabby scoring. We won 1,080 between us. It was a hugely memorably day in our life 😀

I think you might mean 2009 ;)

One of my favourite ever away days and on my 25th birthday.  You have to go a further 14 years back though for a win over them at VP (apart from their reserves in the league cup once).  What's most frustrating about the endless shitty results against them is the amount of times we happen to take the lead.

Just now, Wainy316 said:

One of my favourite ever away days and on my 25th birthday.  You have to go a further 14 years back though for a win over them at VP (apart from their reserves in the league cup once).  What's most frustrating about the endless shitty results against them is the amount of times we happen to take the lead.

You''re absolutely correct. The fact that my son was born in 2000 should have been a giveaway to me that I was making a mistake 😂

And yes, when we take the lead I just expect them to go on to score. Even if we go 2 or 3 nil up I will be worried. They really are a bogey team for us. I am 100% convinced that Ronaldo will score next weekend. 

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

You''re absolutely correct. The fact that my son was born in 2000 should have been a giveaway to me that I was making a mistake 😂

And yes, when we take the lead I just expect them to go on to score. Even if we go 2 or 3 nil up I will be worried. They really are a bogey team for us. I am 100% convinced that Ronaldo will score next weekend. 

Yep, 2 nil is by no means safe.  I can immediately think of the mentioned draw in 2010, the Javier Hernandez hat trick in 2012 and of course that bloody FA Cup game where Van Nistelrooy came on and killed us.

On the subject of Ronaldo, I'm pretty sure he scored more past us than any other Premier League club.  We are truly cursed against Man Utd in every way possible.

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Me and the Mrs were there she was pregnant with our youngest so it was his first ever game ! Amazing feeling beating those wankpots! We made a weekend of it up there, went to the comedy club as well Sarah millican ripped me to shreds 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Chine said:

Me and the Mrs were there she was pregnant with our youngest so it was his first ever game ! Amazing feeling beating those wankpots! We made a weekend of it up there, went to the comedy club as well Sarah millican ripped me to shreds 😂

I was in the Stretford end using a mate's 2 season tickets. It was crazy and we couldn't celebrate when we scored. We had a great night afterwards. A few pints for me, cokes for the lad and some Pizza and then a late flight home. Very happy times

• Like 2