How many points in the next 5 games?

villalad21

How many points?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Prediction?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/09/21 at 07:19

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

He also scored another decent strike against us at 2 goals down with 10 minutes to go in 2010.   They somehow managed to draw the game.

I'm convinced that there is absolutely no set of circumstances that can lead to us ever beating them at home again.

I remember that game...2 up with likes of Bannan and Hogg in midfield and we played them off the pitch and also hit the post a few times. Then they scored that goal out of nowhere and got it back to 2-2 a minute later.

We were also 2 up v them at home in Lambert's first season and playing really well and Hernandez came on and scored a hat trick or something ridiculous.

It just seeps into the mind really as we're always more confident playing likes of Chelsea and Liverpool even though both arguably have better all round teams than Man. United. In fairness we haven't played too badly v them at Old Trafford since we came back up, unlucky not to win there in our first season and we really pushed them last year aswell.

Key for this weekend is basically ban Luiz from going within 10 yards of Pogba once he enters the box and hopefully Martinez dosen't spill a shot into six yard box for Ronaldo to tap in as that's basically been his goals so far.

Do that and we may only concede two while I'd fancy us to bag at least one on the break as they're vulnerable to counter attacks so far this season.

Edited by VillaChris

4 hours ago, jim said:

The 36yr old Ronaldo who was recorded at 34.2km/h against Newcastle last week and sprinted 92m in under 10s at the Euro’s? 

I can actually see a little where Villalad is coming from for once. Ronaldo in the euros from open play did little v France and especially Belgium who low blocked him and he's obviously not the same player who last played in the prem who can dribble for fun and score 25 yarders.

Also remember watching Juve play Inter right back at the end of last season and they subbed Ronaldo as soon as they went down to 10 men as he can't press that well at all now given his age (also took off with 15 minutes left in CL in similar situation) although the chances of us getting a 10 man Man. United is pretty remote (and we'd still probably lose).

Last two months of last season the main reason Juve scraped into 4th in the end was how good Chiesa was (as he also showed in the euros) not what Ronaldo did especially.

He's still very good in the air though so would be tempted to bring in Hause to deal with him from set pieces if we stick with back 3 although think we'll go back to 4-3-3.

Edited by VillaChris

On 16/09/2021 at 09:09, CVByrne said:

I've a glass half full view of our 4 games so far.

Firstly a terrible 45 against Watford which was the result of the shambles pre season due to covid and injuries. Smith had an error in team selection too. We were much improved in 2nd half when Ramsey came on.

We then got the 3 points against Newcastle

Brentford. Losing McGinn and Ramsey was a hammer blow to us for that game. I think most of us would agree if we had a Ramsey, Luiz, McGinn trio starting instead of Young, Luiz, Chuk we probably would have won the game. 

Then Chelsea where we played superbly and shouldn't have lost it based on the chances created. Difference was Lukaku and individual mistakes.

I've seen enough to be very positive about this squad in terms of sustained performance this season, once we have everyone fit and up to speed we look to have the players to be a threat in every game.

I think we'll get somewhere between 6 and 8 points from next 5 games and anything above 5 would be a success

We need to at least get a draw from one of Spurs, Arsenal or maybe even United. I want us to be very competitive in those games though like we were against Chelsea. We need to be getting the 3 points at home to Wolves. So I'd say 7 is the new minimum target. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Think I was right about Ronaldo. 

Simply doesn't move now. 

Pogba was the danger man and that's what I always thought 

Yes you were correct , however you were wrong about Dean Smith and Marcelo Bielsa 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Nuno will be taking notes from watching that so expect a ridiculous low block from Spurs next weekend and then just booting the ball manically up to Son and Kane and crossing their fingers.

No reason why we can't win that but think it will be a low scoring draw.

Wolves I think we can win but will be another tight game.

No reason why we can't beat Arsenal.

Should be in 5-7 point range for rest of October unless our performance level really dips. 15 points from 9 games is a very good haul, on course for 60 + point season.

Think our hardest game will actually be West Ham at home as they did a job on us at home last season and expectations will be rising by then.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Nuno will be taking notes from watching that so expect a ridiculous low block from Spurs next weekend and then just booting the ball manically up to Son and Kane and crossing their fingers.

Sounds like every Nuno team ever then :)

• Like 1