January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

There are 3 versions of Ericksen.

The brilliant player.

The selfish conniving player.

The recovering from from a major health scare player.

Which one do people honestly think we would be getting.

It's a NO from me.

Eriksen conniving? 

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

There are 3 versions of Ericksen.

The brilliant player.

The selfish conniving player.

The recovering from from a major health scare player.

Which one do people honestly think we would be getting.

It's a NO from me.

The health scare issue is a non issue. Yes, if your heart stops it is potentially very serious, but it is 'just' your heart stopping, it is an electrical issue and not a mechanical or plumbing issue. Once the heart is restarted in sufficient time then there are zero negative impacts. The fact that it happened would raise concern that it could possibly happen again but CE has got a little device installed which will kick start the heart if it happens again. So it is a choice of the selfish conniving player or the brilliant player. Are these actually mutually exclusive? I think CE would add so much to the dressing room and his skill as a player cannot be ignored. Furthermore, after a near death experience people often want to live life to the full and have a wonderful attitude to what they do. Its a Yes from me :)

• Like 1

Christian Eriksen is the least likely player to have been discussed in the video calls between Purslow, Lange and Gerard.

We clearly need physical athletes to come in and add bite and aggression as well as technique. We have a softness that needs to be eradicated over the next two transfer windows 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

The health scare issue is a non issue. Yes, if your heart stops it is potentially very serious, but it is 'just' your heart stopping, it is an electrical issue and not a mechanical or plumbing issue. Once the heart is restarted in sufficient time then there are zero negative impacts. The fact that it happened would raise concern that it could possibly happen again but CE has got a little device installed which will kick start the heart if it happens again. So it is a choice of the selfish conniving player or the brilliant player. Are these actually mutually exclusive? I think CE would add so much to the dressing room and his skill as a player cannot be ignored. Furthermore, after a near death experience people often want to live life to the full and have a wonderful attitude to what they do. Its a Yes from me :)

Nicely said Peter.

It's the fee/wages/insurance that's the issue and of course how well/fit is he compared to THE Christian Ericksen.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I thought he was the way played his cards in his last 12 months at spurs, quite enjoyed watching someone get one over on the midget mind.

It is only human for a player of that age and quality to let his contract expire to get a massive payday. Why should he sign a contract which would in effect give Daniel Levy money that CE could have? By going on a free he got 400k a week and a big sign on bonus. If he went for a fee then Levy would have got the sign on bonus and about 60% of the weekly age as opposed to CE. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I thought he was the way played his cards in his last 12 months at spurs, quite enjoyed watching someone get one over on the midget mind.

that didnt really happen though, he was very good on the run to the Champions League final and Spurs were underpaying him compared to the other top teams. He never went on strike like club legend and fellow centre midfielder Harry Kane has done and left with 6 months left of his deal

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Nicely said Peter.

It's the fee/wages/insurance that's the issue and of course how well/fit is he compared to THE Christian Ericksen.

I would assume insurance would have a heart related clause that wouldn't cover it so it should be just a normal insurance policy and it would be down to CE to take the risk of being uninsured for heart failure issues. My thinking is that clubs would view him as a risk because we all saw him 'die' for a couple of minutes live on TV. It is natural that the initial reaction would be to avoid at all costs. If the guy wants to play football, which he said he does, and he is massively financially independent for the rest of his life, then he could be available relatively cheaply.

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

It is only human for a player of that age and quality to let his contract expire to get a massive payday. Why should he sign a contract which would in effect give Daniel Levy money that CE could have? By going on a free he got 400k a week and a big sign on bonus. If he went for a fee then Levy would have got the sign on bonus and about 60% of the weekly age as opposed to CE. 

I can dig that and the bonus if it being that little rat. If he was doing that here though I would have hated it.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

that didnt really happen though, he was very good on the run to the Champions League final and Spurs were underpaying him compared to the other top teams. He never went on strike like club legend and fellow centre midfielder Harry Kane has done and left with 6 months left of his deal

Maybe I can't remember all the facts and am doing him an injustice but somewhere in the back of my mind something sits that he was ending his bets with his employer and potential employers in a selfish way. Maybe it's what we would all do to be honest.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

I can dig that and the bonus if it being that little rat. If he was doing that here though I would have hated it.

I am completely with u on that. He would be a rat if he was a Villa player doing that. But taking money out of Levy's pocket and pulling the rug out from under a transfer fee for Levy actually moves him up in my estimation. Yes, that is probably petty, but Levy is the guy that tried to exploit Villa when we were at our most vulnerable and offered us 3.5m + Josh Onomah and a pack of toffos for Jack 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Excellent!  Thanks to you and the others who responded.

If you want more try transfermarket, Aston villa page then on the clubs sub menu got to transfers and all transfers, you can look at years worth

If you want every transfer in the world try world football transfer database, it's got South Korean 3rd division transfers on there but good filters, there's an easy top 5 league filter at the top so you can see the big European league transfers on a daily basis 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think there is another angle that no one can have any insight into. How scared is he?

Can we guarantee that after 30 mins of PL level sprinting, maybe somewhere deep in his heart (excuse the pun) he will simply feel this is not worth it and not go 110%?

He might want to live his life to the full with his family when he is 60, not on a Tuesday night in Stoke.

I think, as much as I think he is a top top player, we shouldn't risk it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If you want more try transfermarket, Aston villa page then on the clubs sub menu got to transfers and all transfers, you can look at years worth

If you want every transfer in the world try world football transfer database, it's got South Korean 3rd division transfers on there but good filters, there's an easy top 5 league filter at the top so you can see the big European league transfers on a daily basis 

Awesome, thanks!

Now I just need SG to start moving and shaking haha... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

https://www.90min.com/posts/gabigol-open-to-newcastle-transfer-despite-relegation-threat

Linked to Gabriel Barbosa.  Yes yes its 90min but as reputable as 99% other sources  posted here.  Ie not credible at all.

Chelsea, Aston Villa and Wolves have also had contact, but Newcastle and West Ham are currently the most advanced in their talks.

Yes please if Watkins isnt a bullshit rumour . Swop one for the other. He is basically a left footed Watkins with much more personality and less pressing 

Can see Gerrard going for a dynamic left back in the Robertson role, and next year bringing kesler in to emulate Liverpool fullbacks.

Add in a defensive midfielder and a reliable outside forward.

That's my guess for this transfer window.

• Like 1