January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

In another world Ousmane Dembele is out of contract this June and is having to come to an ambitious club just outside of European contention to regain some form and consistency after his injuries. Still young enough to get back to being a superstar and hoping to propel a club - and his career -back into the European elite.

In our world, Barca have f****d it so much they're desperately trying to keep hold of a guy whose made less than 85 appearances in 5 years, with less than 4 goals a season

30 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Christian Eriksen is available on a free transfer. He would add some quality and experience

Doubt he can get insurance thats not to mention doubts over his health and mentality 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

In another world Ousmane Dembele is out of contract this June and is having to come to an ambitious club just outside of European contention to regain some form and consistency after his injuries. Still young enough to get back to being a superstar and hoping to propel a club - and his career -back into the European elite.

In our world, Barca have f****d it so much they're desperately trying to keep hold of a guy whose made less than 85 appearances in 5 years, with less than 4 goals a season

He's literally their best player sans pedri. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He's literally their best player sans pedri. 

Yeah kind of my point. He wouldn't have been at any other recent point in time for that club. Maybe I was a touch harsh with a view that he'd need to leave the elite clubs to rediscover his form (...in another world)... But 18 goals in 84 appearances in 5 years is not a wildly successful signing for Barcelona.

Edited by HalfTimePost

I'm not sure who we should sign but what I don't want is short term solutions or players who are in the swan-song of their career. It can work ok when needed to stop a rot (John Terry for example) but where we are now I want us to be signing younger, ambitious and developing players who will improve and grow with us. That combined with our academy should make us quite the team and perhaps be seen as very tempting for young players in the future. 

• Like 2

I wonder if Dean might come in for Hause, contact is up in the summer so would be cheap and they must have a good relationship.

Norwich couldn't afford them to buy but would be interesting to see if he comes in for a loan for AEG, Trez or Bidace. Or even Archer. He needs to get some goals from somewhere.

I hadn't really considered that Dean might try and take somebody with him, even whilst contemplating that Gerrard may want some of his Rangers players with him here.

7 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Would Tarkowski on a free be a go'er or is he nailed on with someone else

A lot of talk he'll be going to Newcastle in January. Exactly the kind of signing I can see them trying to make whether the rumours are true or not. Weakens a relegation rival and could be in their squad for a few years, makes sense.

I wouldn't be against him, He'd be a decent addition to the squad and be a dependable backup to compete with Mings. 30 next season though, I'd be more looking at a 24-26yo who could push Mings now and replace eventually. Tarkowski would need replacing at same time as Mings. But for free he'd be a good signing

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

A lot of talk he'll be going to Newcastle in January. Exactly the kind of signing I can see them trying to make whether the rumours are true or not. Weakens a relegation rival and could be in their squad for a few years, makes sense.

I wouldn't be against him, He'd be a decent addition to the squad and be a dependable backup to compete with Mings. 30 next season though, I'd be more looking at a 24-26yo who could push Mings now and replace eventually. Tarkowski would need replacing at same time as Mings. But for free he'd be a good signing

It all depends on how highly they rate feeney bogarde and swinkels i reckon. Feeney is a manchild and could be ready in 2 maybe 3 years if he carries on developing. Thats why i think a good experienced cb who comes in for 2 or 3 years to challenge Mings and Konsa would work well 

5 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Christian Eriksen is available on a free transfer. He would add some quality and experience

does England (PL) allow the pace maker/defib thingies in their leagues? (he had to leave Italy because the didnt?)

5 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Would Tarkowski on a free be a go'er or is he nailed on with someone else

He has played a majority of his career in the bottom half of the league and is about 10th in the England pecking order plus

More like he is wildly overrated because he is on a free 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I wonder if Dean might come in for Hause, contact is up in the summer so would be cheap and they must have a good relationship.

Norwich couldn't afford them to buy but would be interesting to see if he comes in for a loan for AEG, Trez or Bidace. Or even Archer. He needs to get some goals from somewhere.

I hadn't really considered that Dean might try and take somebody with him, even whilst contemplating that Gerrard may want some of his Rangers players with him here.

Norwich already have two loan signings from prem teams. Both are them are in the first 11 so doubtful he will get any loans from us. I could see hause being signed though