Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

38 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

To be honest, on this one I have no idea - it was a meeting for the club with a specific group and the FAB weren't involved. The meeting that the FAB had scheduled with the club on 27th has been postponed and I'm not sure if this one went ahead either.

I'm very confident that the 1897 Group meeting took place mate, and I'm also aware that the latest FAB meeting was postponed. I was just pointing out that as you are a regular attendee at club meeting that you're fully aware that the details/minutes etc of any meeting between fan groups and the club can't be shared publicly until the club give the green light basically.

Edited by wedge

11 minutes ago, wedge said:

I'm very confident that the 1897 Group meeting took place mate, and I'm also aware that the latest FAB meeting was postponed. I was just pointing out that as you are a regular attendee at club meeting that you're fully aware that the details/minutes etc of any meeting between fan groups and the club can't be shared publicly until the club give the green light basically.

Yep, I'm not sure if the 1897 meeting will be minuted or published, there's no responsibility on the club to do so, but I'm sure the group will talk about how it went.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

sureal today , 10 mins of small heath get battered and luiz dancing and joining in , was a really mad few minutes

I've got to be honest I wish we'd stop singing about them. They are 35 places below us, do we really need to sing about them for 10 minutes in a game with another rival? 

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I've got to be honest I wish we'd stop singing about them. They are 35 places below us, do we really need to sing about them for 10 minutes in a game with another rival? 

Football fans in singing about city rivals shocker!*

*I know what you mean, but we share a city with them and singing the occasional song about them will never stop. Same for them.  Nor should it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Never seen Wolves as a rival even though growing up I had a few Wolves friends.  It was always Villa/Blose and Wolves/WBA.  Yes Blose are shocking and never often in the same division as us and we should have more rivalry with the other two but always felt a bit forced like having Forest or Leicester as our derby as well because they are midlands team.  To me, it’s just Blose.  I love singing about them, it’s just so easy.

10 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Football fans in singing about city rivals shocker!*

*I know what you mean, but we share a city with them and singing the occasional song about them will never stop. Same for them.  Nor should it.

No vile in Birmingham mate

Bizarre people leaving on 80 mins, plenty did around me on Saturday. Particularly now given the matches go on to 100 mins. Basically saying I'm not going to watch the last 20 mins because I want to go to the pub or catch a train. 

• Like 2

Have to say, watching the game on TV, yet again, all you could hear was the away supporters. Other than a 5 minute rendition of SH get battered, I can't remember hearing the Holte End at all. 

That's been the case for most of the season. I went to almost every game home and away last season and it wasn't like that then.

What has changed? Have the mics moved? Are we more expectant as a fanbase and therefore quieter? Have the Terrace View daytrippers cut the singing from the Holte?

It must be the mic position then. I was there, and it was loud. I couldn’t really hear the away fans at all. I watched it again afterwards on Villa TV, and that sounded loud too. Perhaps Sky turn the volume down?!😂

Think it's a ongoing thing they do at games in putting the mic close to the away fans, or at least increasing the volume of said mic. You notice it watching most games that are on the telly.

4 minutes ago, Vanilla delight said:

It must be the mic position then. I was there, and it was loud. I couldn’t really hear the away fans at all. I watched it again afterwards on Villa TV, and that sounded loud too. Perhaps Sky turn the volume down?!😂

The Wolves vlog (and they were level headed and fair towards us generally) said they didn't hear the Villa fans at all except when we scored.

32 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Bizarre people leaving on 80 mins, plenty did around me on Saturday. Particularly now given the matches go on to 100 mins. Basically saying I'm not going to watch the last 20 mins because I want to go to the pub or catch a train. 

Or I need to because I have a family thing. 

I'm sure out of 40k people some have good reasons for leaving early. 

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It’s been happening for as long as I can remember. Maybe some parents have passed on this habit to the children as the done thing?

47 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Have to say, watching the game on TV, yet again, all you could hear was the away supporters. Other than a 5 minute rendition of SH get battered, I can't remember hearing the Holte End at all. 

That's been the case for most of the season. I went to almost every game home and away last season and it wasn't like that then.

What has changed? Have the mics moved? Are we more expectant as a fanbase and therefore quieter? Have the Terrace View daytrippers cut the singing from the Holte?

Doug Ellis hosts the away fans to be fair so it always favours them on TV.

I sit in the Lower and when you're actually there you can hear the home fans far more clearly, compared to when I don't go.

That said, the atmosphere remains fairly quiet until we score. Once again, I think the club are largely to blame for their over-the-top pre-game antics and trying to generate fake atmosphere themselves, when the fans are perfectly capable.

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

I don’t hear much difference between last season and this season, I actually think we’ve been better his season.  We’ve had a few times we’ve been flat but no more than usual but on the whole I don’t hear a difference between the two seasons and yesterday I thought was quite good and it was nice to have the constant chanting of one song a couple of times.  I do get a little frustrated when a chant only does a couple of rounds, love it when it goes on and on like the SH chant yesterday and Dougie orchestrating for a bit…

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I obviously completely get that people need to leave early if they have something on. Like they start a night shift at 9pm, or childcare, or a family event. But it's not that it's the ones leaving selectively, which will be the majority of those who leave early.

I did like the new pre match video with the black tunnel and illuminated lights but I would like them to tone down the music just before the game starts as I think it overpowers the crowd chants and then the game kicks off and it sounds quiet because the music just stops, they should give a minute or so so the chants can get going again.

• Like 1

Music absolutely ruined any attempts at pregame atmosphere. Time and again chants start then stop as you can't hear your self think. 10mins before kick off starting hi ho silver lining and it kept going until kick off itself. No chance for fans to create and curate a build up. Just brash in your face noise and fake nonsense like hhsl. That's not a villa song and never has been. Just generic tune we all know the words to. Sweet Caroline ends any chance at the end too. Fed up with banging this same drum. Feel like a 'better I'm my day' old codger........

• Like 4

Â