Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

13 hours ago, blandy said:

Another one is that here the crowd reflects the game and state of the game more, which is completely different to the ultras type thing. Here the crowds react and follow the flow of the game to a greater degree, over in that there abroadia while of course that also happens, it’s maybe less linked?

Its 100% this

In europe with the guy on the mic and the drummer hyping up the crowd it's organised, they'll sing certain songs at certain types of the game and it's a wall of continuous noise

English football ebbs and flows with the game

In europe there's no roar on a counter or when you win a corner - if you watch the video the club put out in the last couple of days filmed in the holte of our Thursday goal, when bertie plays in cash (kw) there's a auditable moment of expectation from the crowd, you don't get that in europe

I'd love us to keep what we are but obviously be better at it, we're too flat - and I definitley don't buy in to the crowd only being a reflection of what's on the pitch, we go flat after about 3 minutes most weeks - as do the vast majority of PL clubs

Again as its not just us

38th minute vs wolves and you can see people in the crowd getting up out their seats and going down to the concourse be it for a piss or for food or for whatever

We would all shrug our shoulders at that and think it's normal... People turning up late, people leaving early, people going about their business mid game... Its all detrimental to the atmosphere too

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Again as its not just us

38th minute vs wolves and you can see people in the crowd getting up out their seats and going down to the concourse be it for a piss or for food or for whatever

We would all shrug our shoulders at that and think it's normal... People turning up late, people leaving early, people going about their business mid game... Its all detrimental to the atmosphere too

I did notice that’s when the atmosphere went flat at wolves today around the time you mentioned and it never recovered. 

47 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I did notice that’s when the atmosphere went flat at wolves today around the time you mentioned and it never recovered. 

It was the ait nouri injury I think, there was a couple of pauses with players down and you could see people taking half time 10 mins early

Edited by villa4europe

An argument against a 'singing section' is because Larry and Gertrude won't want to relinquish their seats.  Fair enough.  How about one in the new North Stand then?  Blank canvas to work with.

We'd have noise coming from both ends too then.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I sat in the family stand yesterday and whilst the atmosphere was good I still can’t for the life of me understand how grown men feel they can swear and use word like word removed throughout a game when they are surrounded by kids. 

At one point someone had a word with one of the guys and he apologised but 10 minutes later when the Holte end started singing a song with swearing in it I heard him shout you going to tell that lot off too!

Really ??

Anyway that aside I thought the atmosphere was great yesterday and my daughter loved it too.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I sat in the family stand yesterday and whilst the atmosphere was good I still can’t for the life of me understand how grown men feel they can swear and use word like word removed throughout a game when they are surrounded by kids. 

At one point someone had a word with one of the guys and he apologised but 10 minutes later when the Holte end started singing a song with swearing in it I heard him shout you going to tell that lot off too!

Really ??

Anyway that aside I thought the atmosphere was great yesterday and my daughter loved it too.

I agree with you but if you think you are going to a football ground and there wont be swearing i dunno what to tell you 

Its always been that way and i agree with your point as i said above

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I agree with you but if you think you are going to a football ground and there wont be swearing i dunno what to tell you 

I don’t expect it to be at that level in the family stand and tbf it’s never been like that before. 

The rest of the ground go nuts. 

Maybe it’s just me.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t expect it to be at that level in the family stand and tbf it’s never been like that before. 

Maybe it’s just me.

i feel the same and i think its something club should enforce.

If youve gone to the trouble of going into a family friendly stand, then language and anger needs to be moderated. If the club is serious about attracting a different fan base, this is important to fix. 

Else they will simply keep adjusting to price until theyve removed the groups that they want to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe it’s just me.

Ive neved sat in family stand tbh do its suprising they choose to sit there and behave like that

• Like 1

On 21/10/2023 at 10:04, Wainy316 said:

My German team Hannover 96 last night.  Reckon we can get this going tomorrow?

That is not a pie eating friendly environment. 

And won't somebody think of the children?! 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

As fans we are totally in tune now with how we play. It is not so long ago that us playing it around at the back would have made the crowd very nervy and we'd have been wanting us to hump it forward. We are well past that now and it does make a difference on the pitch as there simply isn't that panic that can be generated from an edgy crowd. The patient football on the pitch is reflected in the crowd now.

It is remarkable to have been a part of that transition really and full credit to the players as it can't have been easy at times playing in front of a crowd on edge urging you to lump it forward. Full credit to the manager as well for instilling the belief in the players to stick with it and I suppose credit should go to us the fans, although that has been made easy given our results/performances. 

Agree on the whole, although in north stand upper there was a few fans near me who had a few “get it out!” Moments during the hammers mini revival from 58 - 70 mins, it was directed at pau lol….but it’s very noticeable how tolerable the crowd is when we keep the ball now for sure 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I started taking my daughter to VP when she was eight, in the family stand. By the following season she was lobbying to go on the Holte. Which we did - and she absolutely loved it it - but I remember saying to her: "Don't repeat any of this language in front of your mother, or she'll ban you from coming here". She laughed, and agreed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I started taking my daughter to VP when she was eight, in the family stand. By the following season she was lobbying to go on the Holte. Which we did - and she absolutely loved it it - but I remember saying to her: "Don't repeat any of this language in front of your mother, or she'll ban you from coming here". She laughed, and agreed. 

I said to my 8 year old daughter yesterday you know all these swear words anyway don’t you and that it’s not good to say them. She said of course ! It’s fine Dad. 

I just don’t think I should have to say that to her in the family stand. I’m a Doug Ellis season ticket holder and moved to family stand so it’s friendlier environment for her.  May as well have stayed where I normally sit.

Anyway it’s no big deal.  Rant over 😊 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

my son had a similar move. He didnt really struggle with the language at first, it was more the anger. He not really seen a fully grown adult act like he wanted to kill someone over a mis placed pass or a ref giving a throw in the wrong way. I remember him feeling really threatened, that is the type of thing that needs to be somehow controlled for me. Its something probably unique to football, odd having to explain to a child that he doesnt really need to worry about the idiot contorted in rage spitting and screaming. 

• Like 4

Â