Weekends Football 28/29 August

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Wasn't even a penalty imo, point blank range, arms by side, didn't make himself bigger by stretching his arms out, came off his thigh onto his hand so no conceivable way he could get it out of the way.

If the arm wasn't there it was in though. 

The craziest thing to me is there is a minute of **** about and when they finally get to the screen they watch a 2 second reply and make their decision. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, andym said:

Not sure on rules for handball on the line, but notice Salah booted the ball away 5 mins earlier and didnt get carded. 

Yep. Wasn’t even innocuous as well, ball was dead and he just twatted it away. Refs have lost control.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He did bat the ball away from the goal with his arm. And on the goal line as well. I think we’d be calling for the red if he’d done it against us. 

I think a penalty was fair I think the red also was harsh as ****, I don’t see why “our” opinion on it if it occurred in a game that we’d clearly be biased on has any relevance tbh.

I hate Chelsea and Liverpool in equal measure for what it’s worth.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Yep. Wasn’t even innocuous as well, ball was dead and he just twatted it away. Refs have lost control.

Somehow the standard has got worse from last season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Somehow the standard has got worse from last season

I don’t wanna get all conspiracy theorist, but it feels like the ‘letting things go’ is giving them an excuse to do what they want. The ref in today’s game got worse after he got shit from the fans for one poor call (maybe the Ings yellow?), he made a wave away gesture in response to it and then proceeded to shit the bed professionally.

Edited by a m ole

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not sure what he's supposed to do with his arm?

Pen ok, but red. Awful. 

If it had just hit his arm and blocked the goal I could see it just being a penalty. It was the way he swung at it with his arm that resulted in the red. 

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

I don’t wanna get all conspiracy theorist, but it feels like the ‘letting things go’ is giving them an excuse to do what they want. The ref in today’s game got worse after he got shit from the fans for one poor call (maybe the Ings yellow?), he made a wave away gesture in response to it and then proceeded to shit the bed professionally.

The ings yellow happened because he didn't give a blatant foul on ings earlier. Its shit like that that makes the game go out of control and gets people hurt. 

He was also letting dangerous shit go and then penalising us for absolutely nothing. 

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

The ings yellow happened because he didn't give a blatant foul on ings earlier. Its shit like that that makes the game go out of control and gets people hurt. 

He was also letting dangerous shit go and then penalising us for absolutely nothing. 

Yeah that was it. It felt to me like he was upset about getting slated for that one decision then intentionally became a clearing in the woods

25 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

If the arm wasn't there it was in though. 

The craziest thing to me is there is a minute of **** about and when they finally get to the screen they watch a 2 second reply and make their decision. 

That baffled me. It looked like he took 1 look at the freeze frame, not even a rolling video. It's even more crazy because the real offence imo was him pushing the ball after he hit his arm, and he didn't even look at that!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Should Lascelles have been sent off against us too, then?

Dunno, I didn’t see the game. Did it stop the ball going in the net?

Edited by Stevo985

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Should Lascelles have been sent off against us too, then?

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Dunno, I didn’t see the game. Did it stop the ball going in the net?

1 minute ago, penguin said:

I think the keeper being behind it means it’s not denying a clear goal scoring opportunity. 

If he’s on the line and does that then yes he should 100% be sent off

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

The most amazing thing about that handball was that nobody on the pitch or in the crowd shouted for it.

I was shouting from my armchair, real time, but just not loud enough to be heard across the North Sea. Only just, though. 

Edited by El Zen
  • Haha 1

Â