Weekends Football 28/29 August

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

That was ridiculous.

I don't think we as Villa fans are in a place to complain about fans of other clubs booing and protesting though.

I don't know about that. Things can get a bit negative and toxic online, but at the ground, I don't think the fans have turned on anyone that wasn't well out of their depth. For all the criticism online, I've never heard anything but support for Smith, and it took an awful lot of shit for people to turn on Bruce.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And me, had mates who were big arsenal fans and sound, they had my favourite players, played great to watch football

Out of the 6 they're the lesser of all the evils for me 

they are but the fans are arrogant clearings in the woods, had 2 good managers they wanted out and get what they deserve

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't know about that. Things can get a bit negative and toxic online, but at the ground, I don't think the fans have turned on anyone that wasn't well out of their depth. For all the criticism online, I've never heard anything but support for Smith, and it took an awful lot of shit for people to turn on Bruce.

It did, but then we threw a cabbage at him.

It's all relative really to what you know and have experienced in the recent past, isn't it. I do agree that booing a genius like Wenger who did so much for their club was mad, but I also think if we'd had the experience of watching the Invincibles team as recently as 2004 and then had to settle for falling behind local rivals plus City plus United again just a few years later with no realistic hope of a title challenge we'd probably have booed too.

In fact, knowing some of the folks that turn up at Villa Park on the regular, I'm almost certain of it.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We absolutely have, I used to hate going in the last season of MON because of how quickly the atmosphere could turn toxic.

I'm pretty sure there was someone (I think Carragher?) that even said in the media that they knew they just needed to not concede in the first 15 at VP and the crowd would turn on the team.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

I've only been watching since half time, but Grealish is looking like a cheerleader, everything goes right past him so far

I'm the same

The zinchenko shot for example he takes up a great position in absolute acres, he gets that ball at villa, for city the LB takes a 30 yard shot, never even thinks about the pass

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Huh. Still not bottom of the table. I guess they have scored more than Norwich.

I think it's in alphabetical order, same GD, same goals for, and no head to head matches yet

Â