Washing machines

robby b

1 minute ago, robby b said:

Just going back to the local ironmongers for local people to buy a new hose or, if they don't have one, a roll of PTFE tape. Someone mentioned trying changing the washer... but there's only a washer at in the blue nozzle that connects to the back of the machine. In the blue nozzle at the other end, under the sink (next to the 90° valve type thing), where the leak is coming from, there isn't a washer. 

There should be. Is that where it’s leaking?  If it is it would explain it. Edit. I see it is. Get a washer, Rob

2 hours ago, robby b said:

Day 3.

🔦🔧🤨🧐😬😑 ...

☆☆☆  BREAKING  NEWS  ☆☆☆  BREAKING NEWS  ☆☆☆  BREAKING NEWS  ☆☆☆  ...

🌊😮😵😀  Hoorah ! 

No more launderette visits! The old 90° anti-clockwise Cruyff turn worked a treat and I have clothes washing as I type this. I'd like to thank my project managers: Blandy, Genie and Bickster. And every one else too! 

Well... actually there is quite a serious leak from the blue nozzle, a drop every three seconds, so I guess that's why the pipe was turned off probably. :s 😮😕 At the end of the wash I'll see if I can make it a bit tighter. But if necessary I can get a plumber to come and fix the leak ASAP. I don't mind paying for that. And the washing machine was a bit strange still, it didn't give me a chance to choose a cycle, it just chose one itself (synthetic, 40°) and started quickly. But at least it's working! 

image.gif.5adef3a47b8d6015baab25401beea02f.gif

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, robby b said:

Really, I'm lucky and so grateful... several people who I've never met before in person have just spent quite a lot of their time over the last three days teaching me how to get the washing machine in my new flat working and then not leaking, via an Aston Villa fans internet forum! 😵🙂

Having said that I hope I'm not about to get a huge bill from BGB Ltd. *

* (Blandy, Genie and Bickster, Washing Machine Plumbing Consultancy)

Just kidding guys! 😁 It was very kind of you, thanks everyone who's  helped me and made me laugh too. 41 minutes till ko, come on Aston Villa !

Glad you’re all sorted mate, hope you’re all settled in soon!

Can we just keep this nice chat going and all avoid the match thread today? It’s been wholesome 😢

2 hours ago, SuperTed said:

Glad you’re all sorted mate, hope you’re all settled in soon!

Can we just keep this nice chat going and all avoid the match thread today? It’s been wholesome 😢

Thanks mate! 🙂 And up the Villa! Blimey, we've got pretty good at beating Newcastle 2-0 at home in the league, haven't  we? I mean, is that 3 seasons in a row now?! They must be getting fed up with us. :s

8 minutes ago, robby b said:

Thanks mate! 🙂 And up the Villa! Blimey, we've got pretty good at beating Newcastle 2-0 at home in the league, haven't  we? I mean, is that 3 seasons in a row now?! They must be getting fed up with us. :s

It must be a whirpool of emotions for those Toon fans. The constant cycle of being beaten by the mighty Villa. Poor Steve Bruce must be spinning at the moment with their poor start! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Xela said:

A Villa win and @robby b can wear clean pants. 

What a day. 

Errrm... pun time... It certainly was some hotpoints for Villa today. 

:cheers:

Hahaha ! 😆

Yes, laundrytastic !

That El Ghazi, what a brilliant penalty taker he is! : > Sooo reliable! I mean I reckon he must be one of the most reliable Villa penalty takers in my lifetime. Has he even missed one yet? I have a feeling he has but can't  remember which match  it was.

Cheers! With beers!

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

Even better, yesterday evening I even managed to fix the leak myself and without buying any replacement part, get in! : D I followed Genie's first suggestion by simply refitting the water supply hose carefully and as tightly as possible and it did the trick, there's no drop of water anymore at all. 🤩 He is actually an actual genie (in a bottle). 

I think it must have simply been not fitted properly by someone before, maybe a bit 'cross threaded'. 

Finally, regarding the absent rubber washer, it looks to me like there isn't one perhaps because the end of the hose seems to be fitted with a fixed plastic kind of 'washer' type thing instead (?), which seals well, if the hose is fitted well. I guess. 🤔

Thank goodness I didn't go to Currys in the end and spend £200 on a new machine when I was feeling impulsive and impatient! Thanks Blandy and Genie for quickly telling me not to do that and explaining clearly why not!

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, robby b said:

regarding the absent rubber washer, it looks to me like there isn't one perhaps because the end of the hose seems to be fitted with a fixed plastic kind of 'washer' type thing

OK. There is supposed to be a washer to ensure a good seal, but if it’s not leaking, then all is well, I guess.  Result.

• Thanks 1

On 21/08/2021 at 14:00, bobzy said:

Also, any (relatively little) leak anywhere is solved by a washer. 99% of the time, anyway. 

My guttering was leaking, I put a washer in it and it just got washed away into the downpipe. 

• Haha 3

Â