Washing machines

robby b

16 hours ago, blandy said:

or go to B&Q it all/wickes/local diy shop and get a new gubbins for, whatever, 2 quid, the tapered adapter thingy. Ask in store, take the old one, they’ll sort you out. 

Just been to Wickes and B&Q (to get central heating system inhibitor) and while I was there saw they're £1:50 in wickes and £3:80 in B&Q if you need a new one, @robby b

• Thanks 1

On 20/08/2021 at 11:14, The Fun Factory said:

I dunno its about as exciting as our transfer thread at the moment.

They're quite similar actually. Once this issue is fixed, the clothes are going to hopefully keep going over the same ground, over and over and over again.

• 2 years later...

Washing machine news:

I've just moved into a nice flat in Neath and I hope to stay put in it for years to come! (I'm finally a bit tired now of many years of nomadic life). Anyway, like the flat I had in Swansea county for a year from August 2021, this one also has a washing machine, good! And even better, this time thankfully I seem to have one that's in perfect working order, phew! So this time no need to ask for tips from you washing machine gurus again ( @blandy , @bickster , @genie ... ) 

And on top of that the landlord has bought me a drying machine from Argos, which his assistant is due to help me to lift and secure on top of the washing machine on Monday. 44 kg ! :s

So happy laundry days still 🤩 (for now, touch wood).

Edited by robby b
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

It’s down wind of Port Talbot 🙄

That's true, when the wind from Port Talbot blows directly north. Yikes. :s I am a little worried. But just now I learnt that the prevailing wind for South Wales (and for much of the UK in general) is south-westerly. And a south-westerly wind from Port Talbot should miss Neath, more or less. I'm rubbish at science and geography though and I admit I am still a bit concerned ! 😕

Edited by robby b

Â