Travis Patterson

messi11

• 3 months later...

Feel like our U18s in Youth Cup and U21s have really missed him this season, one of the better midfielders in the academy, easy to forget how promising he is with how long he's been out injured. He and Kadan Young probably the best two players to come from our lower age groups in the last few seasons, thankfully it seems we have lot more in the U16s and below on a similar trajectory to those two, so future U18 teams should be stronger.

He's played left-back, left-wing, central midfield, right-wing, and as a ten, mostly at U16 level he played in central midfield for both us and the England youth teams, I think was playing left-back at the start of last season more out of necessity than anything else, he got injured and when he came back he was back to playing in central midfield first for the U18s and then when he came back into the U21s.

Also in the summer when he signed his scholarship the club website described him as an attacker, so I think the intention was to use him as an attacking midfielder, or on the wing.

• 1 month later...

Playing second half against Brighton, his first football this season after a long-term injury.

And scores in injury time to help secure 2-0 win.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Scores on his first game back for the U21s too

As he's been around for a few seasons now easy to forget that he's just a first year scholar and still only seventeen, it's a sign of how highly we rate him that he's playing for the U21s at all at his age, but even more so that he's gone straigh back in after being out injured since the end of last season.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone know about him or seen him play?

I doubt he will get any game time today but be great experience for him

Always played age groups up for us ( and England) until he had a bad injury i think towards end of last season. Just came back a couple of months ago. Left footed midfielder or left back. 

• Thanks 1

Â