Travis Patterson

messi11

I think I bought one of his houses a few years ago.  Was really badly made, cracks appeared in the walls after a few weeks and all the plumbing needed to be re-done. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, useless said:

Just thinking that if Chrisene is still out and presuming we don't sign another young left-back he could potentially play against Wycombe in the EFL Trophy, which as games in that tournament are counted as first team games it would be his professional debut.

Surely Targett will play? Needs all the game time he can get. 

Targett can't play, for premier league sides entering the tournament they have to field an U21 team. If Chrisene is still out and they don't want to play Patterson, then will probably play a central defender at left back, Swinkels has played there a few times for the U18s.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He's played the last 2 games for the U23s, 90 minutes both games too. I think it'll definitely be him if Chrisene is out.

Playing U23s at 15 is mighty impressive. 

I agree but I remember Andre Green playing for our u23s at 15. He’s at Slovan Bratislava now

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Who are you and what have you done with SGC

Haha, I am still the same guy, just mellowed a bit. I’ve seen Patterson a couple of times, he looks good but I don’t want to put too much pressure on him like I have in the past 

Playing a 15 year old against potential U23 years olds is a huge sign of faith from the Villa coaching set up.

Regardless of talent, just the sheer physical development that can happen in those 8 years make it a massive challenge for one so young. All other players will be taller, strong and quicker than him

@sir_gary_cahill - can you shed any light on this? Is he just extremely talented and can therefore compensate physically, or his he one of those freak teenagers who has already had a massive growth spurt and can thus can compete with older players?

2 hours ago, Gillz said:

Playing a 15 year old against potential U23 years olds is a huge sign of faith from the Villa coaching set up.

Regardless of talent, just the sheer physical development that can happen in those 8 years make it a massive challenge for one so young. All other players will be taller, strong and quicker than him

@sir_gary_cahill - can you shed any light on this? Is he just extremely talented and can therefore compensate physically, or his he one of those freak teenagers who has already had a massive growth spurt and can thus can compete with older players?

I’ve only seen him on Arsenaltv for our u18s last season, he looked good. He scored for our u18s last season as an u15. His size didn’t seem to be an obstacle for him when I saw him. He’s not small, not particularly tall either. He looks to be a player to keep an eye on though definitely 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It’s the second time I’ve seen Josh Feeney and he just looks class, just eases his way through matches. Travis Patterson has been a bit quieter but he also looks to have a bright future in the game. Jobe Bellingham is playing too but he’s been quite quiet, the Dutch have had the most of the play

Patterson playing left-back and having a good game, mostly using the ball well and not trying to do too much, something that can't be said for some of the midfielders, which is why I wonder if England would be better off moving Patterson into the midfield, watching the game it looks like they've picked the eleven best players rather than the eleven players will work best as a team.

• Like 1

Patterson went off after about 60 minutes or so, I originally thought he was a midfielder but every time I’ve seen him play, he’s played at left back. He’s solid defensively, no frills style left back. Although they lost, Feeney was excellent, spraying long range passes off both feet, he’s elegant and good on the ball. Not only that, he’s tough and takes no prisoners on the pitch. I have high hopes for both of them from what I’ve seen so far

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Really liked the look of him today in the U23s . He is still at school but you can see some real technical quality alongside a good physicality . I understand now why he is playing for England age groups and has since he started. Is he is a brummie ? Anyone know ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 14/08/2021 at 06:34, sir_gary_cahill said:

I remember Andre Green playing for the u23s when he was 15 years old. In the highlights on Quest, he seems to seems to be doing quite well for Sheffield Wednesday 

He’s now at Slovan Bratislava :( 

8 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Really liked the look of him today in the U23s . He is still at school but you can see some real technical quality alongside a good physicality . I understand now why he is playing for England age groups and has since he started. Is he is a brummie ? Anyone know ? 

Did he play in central midfield today? Maybe, the coaches are just easing him in. Versatility is a good trait to have in the modern game I think

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Did he play in central midfield today? Maybe, the coaches are just easing him in. Versatility is a good trait to have in the modern game I think

He played the first half in central midfield, then went to left back when Chrisene went off at half time. I really liked the look of him in the middle of the park, I though he was excellent on the ball and made some really good runs into the box that might have seen him on the scoresheet on another day. He looks comfortable playing anywhere, and at his age that's really something. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Â