Travis Patterson

messi11

26 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s now at Slovan Bratislava :( 

Don't be sad for him SGC, he's living the life! Just won the Slovak title, and a key player in their side. Think they had a little run in Europe too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Don't be sad for him SGC, he's living the life! Just won the Slovak title, and a key player in their side. Think they had a little run in Europe too.

Thanks HanoiVillan, I didn’t know that, these days young players find their feet abroad and then come back to this country,  I don’t know why that is

52 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s now at Slovan Bratislava :( 

nothing wrong with that. He has just won the league and hit double figures for the season with 5 in Europe

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

nothing wrong with that. He has just won the league and hit double figures for the season with 5 in Europe

I don’t think there is either, it is a growing trend among young English players these days

Quite a few players from that era look like they're doing well for themselves, Green, Blackett-Taylor, Doyle-Hayes, O'Hare, Davis, Sulliman, Šarkić, McKirdy and so on. Really probably should have made more money off them, as it is I think they all left on frees, still, that they're doing well is a good advert for our academy.

As for Patterson I was really impressed with him today, looks even better in midfield than he does at left back, because he started playing for the U23s at the start of this season and has even played against first team oppostion in the EFL Trophy easy to forget that he's still only sixteen, just a couple of months older than Kadan Young.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

Quite a few players from that era look like they're doing well for themselves, Green, Blackett-Taylor, Doyle-Hayes, O'Hare, Davis, Sulliman, Šarkić, McKirdy and so on. Really probably should have made more money off them, as it is I think they all left on frees, still, that they're doing well is a good advert for our academy.

As for Patterson I was really impressed with him today, looks even better in midfield than he does at left back, because he started playing for the U23s at the start of this season and has even played against first team oppostion in the EFL Trophy easy to forget that he's still only sixteen, just a couple of months older than Kadan Young.

I was dissatisfied these 3 left as thought there was a decent future for them and not getting a decent fee was a shame. 

Keeping it On Topic, I love his name. Travis Patterson sounds like a character from a 90s Tarantino film. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

You didn’t mention Hepburn-Murphy there! :(

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think there is either, it is a growing trend among young English players these days

Should be too, there's still enough money around, earn I dunno £5-10k at villa until they hit 21, get released, end up in europe on £2-5k a week for 3 or 4 years and then come back 

There has to be confidence that they can always come back, in greens case if he's a £5m player there's 30 clubs in England that can afford him, if he's willing to do it there's another 20+ clubs across great European cities too

I'll give another example who I think there'll be a buzz around this summer, madueuke, he left spurs to play football, he's now a £40m prospect, that's still most of the PL that can afford him because there's just so much money there

The scouting is better, the availability of the games is better, the money in the league is better, its not like you're disappearing, someone last week who's lad played youth football at PL level said to me the days of Jamie Vardy are done not happening again, the PL clubs are hoovering up everything and using the loan market to retain them, maybe this is what comes next 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

RHM who's now a ball boy in Cyprus is a bad example... 

he was brilliant in our u23s and u18s, I thought he had a real chance of making it in our first team. For a young lad, he’s had a lot of injuries in his short career so far, they have hampered his progress 

Last I heard from Hepburn-Murphy he had just returned from a lengthy injury. To be fair to him, he's playing at an higher level than most academy players go on to play at, as most end up in either non league or disappear from the game completely. Just not playing at a level anywhere near that was expected of him when he was an academy player.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Last I heard from Hepburn-Murphy he had just returned from a lengthy injury. To be fair to him, he's playing at an higher level than most academy players go on to play at, as most end up in either non league or disappear from the game completely. Just not playing at a level anywhere near that was expected of him when he was an academy player.

Expected of him by who? 

By football people in general, he was one of the most highly rated youth strikers in the country, I think his strike rate at U23 level was very similar to Abraham's, and was being linked with Man City and Rangers. I'm pretty sure that at that stage it would have been expected that by now he'd be playing at an higher level than the Cypriot First Division.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

By football people in general, he was one of the most highly rated youth strikers in the country, I think his strike rate at U23 level was very similar to Abraham's, and was being linked with Man City and Rangers. I'm pretty sure that at that stage it would have been expected that by now he'd be playing at an higher level than the Cypriot First Division.

I think Hepburn-Murphy can still have a good career at a high level, Hepburn-Murphy was great in our u18s and u23s. I would’ve put decent money on him making it in our first team, they all are SGC, they all are!! :(

I will cease to post about it now as it's off topic, but he's still playing at an high enough level that he can say he's a professional football, and if he can stay fit, then who knows where his career will take him, still very young.

• Like 2

Agree with the above comments, according to my poor google skills there are ~65000 professional football players of all genders in the world, out of millions of people who play for fun.  Playing in any professional league at all is a massive achievement.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Â