Masks !

hippo

Not decided yet as an oldie I was double jabbed quite time time ago. I have been to Rhodes in the last fortnight, tested on way back, tested in the 2 day thingy, have loads of tests at home (Mrs T is nursery teacher and has too twice a week)  and I do one once a week all negative.

I don't think I pose a threat to any one. It will stop at some time although still compulsory in factory at work. I will wear one where I am asked too without complaint and will carry it with me 

I no longer look at none mask wearers as lepers what ever makes you comfortable and let others do likewise 

Edited by Robtaylor200

14 hours ago, Richie k said:

people should know at this stage in any given situation if they should or shouldnt wear it. 

It would depend on who you asked but I strongly suspect it would go along these lines:

Legal advice - mask not required.

Health advice - mask advised.

From the data I’ve seen, the risk of infection remains greater in enclosed spaces than in open air. I’ll be reducing the risk by wearing a mask for the couple of minutes it takes to get through the turnstile, concourse and steps to my seat. I will then be unmasked for the 2 hours seated in the open air and then mask on for the short time until back outside after the match. I probably visit the toilet once every three or four half times, so I’d use a mask then.

Wearing a mask at the game will be a personal choice. For me, it’s no hassle or discomfort to wear it in the slightly riskier environments and hopefully reduce the likelihood of me unknowingly infecting others or being infected.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, brommy said:

It would depend on who you asked but I strongly suspect it would go along these lines:

Legal advice - mask not required.

Health advice - mask advised.

From the data I’ve seen, the risk of infection remains greater in enclosed spaces than in open air. I’ll be reducing the risk by wearing a mask for the couple of minutes it takes to get through the turnstile, concourse and steps to my seat. I will then be unmasked for the 2 hours seated in the open air and then mask on for the short time until back outside after the match. I probably visit the toilet once every three or four half times, so I’d use a mask then.

Wearing a mask at the game will be a personal choice. For me, it’s no hassle or discomfort to wear it in the slightly riskier environments and hopefully reduce the likelihood of me unknowingly infecting others or being infected.

yeah thats kind of what i meant, but you expanded more on it lol. pity everyone doesnt have the same mindset

Edited by Richie k

Villa have now published info about masks on their website.

"You must bring a face covering to wear in all indoor areas. Government have stated they “expect and recommend that members of the public continue to wear face coverings in crowded and enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet”. Therefore, all supporters aged 11 or over are expected and recommended to wear a face covering whenever located in indoor areas other than when eating or drinking or where exempt. Face coverings are not required to be worn by fans when they are seated in the Stadium bowl, which is left to personal choice."

https://www.avfc.co.uk/returning-to-villa-park-faq/fans-code-conduct/?utm_source=www.premierleague.com&utm_campaign=website&utm_medium=link

19 hours ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Villa have now published info about masks on their website.

"You must bring a face covering to wear in all indoor areas. Government have stated they “expect and recommend that members of the public continue to wear face coverings in crowded and enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet”. Therefore, all supporters aged 11 or over are expected and recommended to wear a face covering whenever located in indoor areas other than when eating or drinking or where exempt. Face coverings are not required to be worn by fans when they are seated in the Stadium bowl, which is left to personal choice."

https://www.avfc.co.uk/returning-to-villa-park-faq/fans-code-conduct/?utm_source=www.premierleague.com&utm_campaign=website&utm_medium=link

This is surely sensible

My mate who's in his mid 30's and like me Dj's in clubs again now they have re-opened, posted an image of himself in a hospital bed with oxygen mask etc on. He said it started with a sore throat on a Friday, then he developed what he thought was a cold over the weekend so tested himself as a precaution on Monday..Positive! Then for the next week he had a patchy temperature and felt generally under the weather but not too bad until day 10 when his temp sky-rocketed and he was struggling to breath. He got blue lighted into hospital and has been there since. The Covid turned to scepsis on his lungs which can kill you in 12 hours if untreated. He is now slowly recovering thankfully. He had no jabs (was a non-believer/anti-vaxer) and swore it was all a scam.

I know there is a lot of controversy over the whole Covid thing but surely a facemask in the concourse is just sensible so if you have it personally and sneeze you are not putting others at risk??  As for the jabs well that's another matter entirely! It depends on who you believe i guess. Horrid situation.

• Like 1

Do they sell masks at the Villa Shop? I’m sure I’ll have one until I get to my seat at least (not for this match). Mrs MNVillan and I are also getting our vaccination cards laminated so we can show them whenever we need to

2 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Do they sell masks at the Villa Shop? I’m sure I’ll have one until I get to my seat at least (not for this match). Mrs MNVillan and I are also getting our vaccination cards laminated so we can show them whenever we need to

Looking at the Villa website, if and when you do need to prove your covid vaccination status, you will need to show a NHS covid pass - not your jab cards.

"Going forward, match-attending fans should be prepared to show they have been fully vaccinated or have received a negative lateral flow test in the previous 48 hours. Fans will be able to do this by obtaining their NHS COVID Pass through the NHS app or website".

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/Matchday-protocols-and-COVID-guidance-for-supporters/

I’ve been to a couple of cricket matches with full capacity in the last few weeks, and Watford last weekend. Have been wearing my mask in the concourse and the toilets. Vast majority of people weren’t but just do whatever makes you feel most comfortable I think!

16 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Think I've had a mask in wallet permanently. Not sure what to do if they ask for proof of vaccination though as only got vax cards from jab centre.

You need to download the NHS app on your phone. Once registered you can access you health records and you vaccination history. Your Covid jabs should be there and you can download your Covid pass to your phone

On 14/08/2021 at 09:44, ender4 said:

I’ll probably wear a mask when milling around in the concourse before the game and at half-time. 

I’ll take off my mask once at my seat.

Yeah, that's my plan too. 

Didn't bother with one myself and didn't see anybody around me in T5 North Stand with a mask on. Saw a couple of people pre and post game around the stadium with one on though, they seemed to be taking everthing quite seriously as most members of the family were wearing one.

Â