Ratings & Reactions: Watford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/08/21 at 22:59

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think the issue is we were so bad for first 70 minutes today it felt like many of our games from late Feb to May and we didn't win many at all in that period. So important we clamp down on it quickly otherwise we won't be winning many of first 10 games and will be in difficult league position to do much other than stay up.

The issue is if this happens for a run of games - not one match.

This sort of reaction happens after every single loss though, so it isn’t a surprise. 

Edited by bobzy

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh this is annoying. I guess he thought we could get to half time. That was definitely a mistake. 

It was strange because Young who normally plays often at left back offered no cover to Targett who was playing at left back, yet played far better than Targett did when moved there. I guess he just hasn't got the legs to track back when playing as a winger. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

By the way cant believe I’m hoping we smash Newcastle so we can shut up so called Villa fans. Is that how it should be?

UTV! 

Think it be good now to have a big win against newcastle and show what we can do if not then i dont think ill log on for a few weeks lol

• Like 1

Just now, VillanousOne said:

It was strange because Young who normally plays often at left back offered no cover to Targett who was playing at left back, yet played far better than Targett did when moved there. I guess he just hasn't got the legs to track back when playing as a winger. 

Yeh it was a weird one. He switched him with El Ghazi but even then they hit us on the break to easily. To be fair he subbed Targett off half time so something wasn’t right with him. 

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Is it me or does anyone else kinda get hope when we lose while the transfer window is still open, so that it inspires more signings? 

I hope not cant lose game after game. we have to win and people wanting us to lose are not fans of this club.

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Is it me or does anyone else kinda get hope when we lose while the transfer window is still open, so that it inspires more signings? 

Nah if they are signing players they will do it regardless  of results in a few games. They have to think longer term. But I think we’ll win our next 2 at home. It’s away we will struggle, as will many teams.  Combination of crowds and ref’s letting games flow will be massive for home advantage and momentum for all teams.. It’s crucial we pick up points at home. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh it was a weird one. He switched him with El Ghazi but even then they hit us on the break to easily. To be fair he subbed Targett off half time so something wasn’t right with him. 

Yeah i think you're right. Matt was injured almost all of preseason so that can't have helped.

I think most of us thought with the amount of changes that have happened in the space of a month, it was always going to be difficult to hit the ground running. The team needs time to gel and fitness levels need to improve, it may take 3-5 games to really get a sense of what this Villa team is capable of.

I don't think Dean will advertise that we are after anymore players but it maybe till transfer deadline day that we end up doing a bit of last minute business, would be nice if we had some transfer deadline day action.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, string28 said:

I hope not cant lose game after game. we have to win and people wanting us to lose are not fans of this club.

Lol pretty savage but okay. One step backwards two steps forward and all that. 

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Lol pretty savage but okay. One step backwards two steps forward and all that. 

Not really why would people want villa to lose? I want to see us win all the time and if we lose fix it and get stronger dont all fans want that?

Edited by string28
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

oh my god a whole month...... so based on one injury where he was out a month before he joined and one admittedly bad injury he had at the last season, you can generalise that he always gets injured for long periods....

in that case why on Earth did we sign him, sell him now, he's the new Micah Richards

So your just choosing to ignore the entirety of my reply? Ok sure pal.

I don't think any genuine Villa fan will take any delight in any kind of lose but don't be surprised if the deficiencies in the team or manager are pointed out on here, rightly or wrongly.

Today wasn't good enough right through the team and the manager will have to take some responsibility. Let's hope we are set up better for Newcastle.

16 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

definitely, i hope today told our owners that we need to strengthen in midfield (obviously would never wish a loss on the team, just that any weaknesses get exposed if we do at a time we can still do something about it)

what gives me hope is that JWP is not like any other target we have bid for and we failed to bring him in, so surely Dean and can't have suddenly come to the conclusion we don't need another midfielder just because we couldn't sign JWP? 

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, string28 said:

Not really why would people want villa to lose? I want to see us win all the time and if we lose fix it and get stronger dont all fans want that?

Course, nobody said they wanted Villa to lose mind. 

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Course, nobody said they wanted Villa to lose mind. 

A comment was made if you look back at the replies about some fans acting like they wanted villa to lose but i guess that was missed?

9 minutes ago, string28 said:

A comment was made if you look back at the replies about some fans acting like they wanted villa to lose but i guess that was missed?

That’s not really the same as anybody actually saying they want Villa to lose, now, is it?

Â