Ratings & Reactions: Watford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/08/21 at 22:59

Just now, PaddytheVillan said:

Relegation scrap coming. 

We looked utterly terrible in every department. 3-1 flatters us, well played Watford. 

After one game? Seriously? Our pre season was a mess with the whole Greedlish saga, games getting postponed etc. Arsenal got beat by Brentford 2-0, Leeds got thrashed 5-1, I bet their fans are not as wet as some of our 'fans' 

• Like 4

No MOTM , a familiar pattern from last season

even allowing for a keeper error , fluked deflected goal and a decent strike , that was as embarrassing as our last defeat at Watford when they humiliated us.

but it’s one game and players are clearly under prepared at the moment , so no need to panic just yet 

but if we haven’t spent the Jack money , we’d better bloody well start thinking about it 

• Like 3

Overall: Poor - very poor.

Pros: Ramsey and Bailey.

Cons: Full-backs woeful, especially Targett; El Ghazi hopeless; Ings anonymous up top, had no service but didn't work hard for the team either; Nakamba's passing; McGinn's ability to keep possession. 

Most worried about: A team shape and game plan that made no sense at all and got torn apart by a team with far more pace than us, which - if appropriate homework and preparation had been done - would have been addressed with different tactics.

• Like 2

Wtf is Smith doing. No Guilbert on the bench. Cash and Targett were disasters. Our midfield is dreadful once more. And we play like like a group of individuals not a team. That's been the case for the last decade but you've been manager for 2.5 seasons now, surely it isn't that hard to get players to pass and move and press together. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, calcifer said:

After one game? Seriously? Our pre season was a mess with the whole Greedlish saga, games getting postponed etc. Arsenal got beat by Brentford 2-0, Leeds got thrashed 5-1, I bet their fans are not as wet as some of our 'fans' 

Leeds got thrashed by Man Utd not Watford? And Arsenal should be panicking they looked awful. 

The Grealish saga was known about behind the scenes for months, Purslow made it clear we had been planning for it. For the past 5 seasons we've struggled with answers without Jack when he's been injured, and it should have been solved by now. 

I'm sorry but there were no positives from that utter garbage. Bailey looked decent I guess when he came on. 

• Like 1

3-2 covers what was an embarrassing performance, we desperately need a central midfielder who, Bailey looked decent when he come on has to start against Newcastle, Young is not a winger no more if he plays has to be at left or right back 

We messed up the first half. Underestimated Sarr, Targett wasn't fast enough.

Much better second half - "we won the second half" is a comment I hate, but we did (technically). Looked much better after all the changes. 

Sucks, but not going to get too upset. We looked weak against counterattacking football.

No need to dwell on this for hours. Onwards and upwards!

• Like 4

Â