Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

Feel a bit sorry for Cameron, our manager must have had a plan to sell Ings on and yet was also happy to loan out Cameron

I hope that Cameron does well at boro and returns to the Villa first team. But as much as I hate to say this, I wonder if the manager does not see Cameron Archer as a Villa player?.......a bloody shame tbh.....

I'd be certain that Emery has man managed Archer perfectly. I bet he's a detailed discussion with how he sees him, where he wants him to improve etc. Whether he'll make it at Villa time will tell.

Also in regards to the decision to loan him out, let's not forget that because of Steven he's extremely short of match fitness, and probably confidence.

Edited by Tom13

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Fine. Spending good wages on a good backup who is better than and younger than Ings so his resale value isn't depreciating constantly would be money far better spent.

If there is someone like that out there, then we should go for them.  But not having them in place before we sell our top scorer isn't a good decision IMO.

Maybe something has changed with Emery after the Stevenage game, but I felt Ings still had something to contribute this season. And selling him now for £15m rather than £10 in the summer, it's not like we need the money.

For what it's worth, Ings is currently on 0.66 goals per 90 in the league this season, the highest in our team by far.  In his best season with Southampton, his goals per 90 was 0.71, so he's putting in goals at a similar rate per 90 mins to his best ever season.

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

We should probably keep him just for the Saints game, absolute banker to score.

Yes definitely. I wouldn't let him go before Southampton. And he's professional enough to play well even if he knows he's moving club a day or two later.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If there is someone like that out there, then we should go for them.  But not having them in place before we sell our top scorer isn't a good decision IMO.

Maybe that's the hold-up with Ings getting sold. We are waiting for Villa to finalise an incoming striker before we sell him. 

It's just that the media got wind of it too early and Sky decided to announce he was sold this morning, but then backtracked to imminently will be sold. 

One goal in three is a very respectable tally, even though he never looked the right fit for Villa's park-the-bus and hoof it style.

He never looked happy running about like a mad thing and being sat on the bench so often failed to fully justify his wages.

Even so, letting him go is a huge gamble for the manager.

18 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

One goal in three is a very respectable tally, even though he never looked the right fit for Villa's park-the-bus and hoof it style.

He never looked happy running about like a mad thing and being sat on the bench so often failed to fully justify his wages.

Even so, letting him go is a huge gamble for the manager.

Scamacca was 22 when they signed him, and his stock was high. Ings is 31 in the summer, is a bit part player for us (unfortunately, but it's fact) and only has 18 months left on his contract. Can't compare those two deals.

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Good news. 

Getting a decent fee out of a declining 30 year old is good business. 

We need to build for the future. 

It probably is a good bit of business as he doesn't seem to fit within our system all that well. But not so sure he's declining  - his physical attributes aren't his greatest strengths,  more his finishing,  speed of thought and positioning. In those  respects he's  maybe similar to a Kevin Phillips, and could go on for years at a decent level in the right team

54 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Maybe that's the hold-up with Ings getting sold. We are waiting for Villa to finalise an incoming striker before we sell him. 

It's just that the media got wind of it too early and Sky decided to announce he was sold this morning, but then backtracked to imminently will be sold. 

Well did just buy a young back up striker. 

I would brace yourselves at the end of the month for the possibility that we swapped out Ings for Duran. 

Â