Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

48 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Selling your top scorer in January is a bold move

47 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Especially when you’re in the bottom half of the table yourself and you’re selling him to a rival.

37 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Keeping hold of ings is the type of decision that gets you in financial trouble. 

If you can't let go of a player over 30 who isn't in 1st team plans who can you sell?

32 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Basically where I’m at. Now or never for a decent fee and to get his massive wages off the books. 

All good points.

Where i am though, It's not about the money. I'd like us to be more sustainable than we've become since the end of Smith's era, but selling our best (only) goal scorer is going to screw us over.

If we can get someone else in the window, it's a no brainer. If we can't, no amount of money is worth it as we'll end up in a relegation battle against the team we sold him too.

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

West Ham can do one

1. We need Ings

2. I don’t want us to do anything to aid them staying up

You’ve “ me “ and “ I want “ vibes pouring off you. He’s not playing here. He’s now 3rd choice striker. He’s doing what he feels is best for him and we get paid ( won’t be anywhere near what we paid for him but hey ho ) He’s been a good pro. Probably told as far back as Dubai he wasn’t in Unai’s plans and that he’d get a move away when we got someone else in the door. We have so he can leave. I wish him all the best. 

21 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

You'd hope we push for £20m+.

15m would be a fair price... But there's 3/4 'big' clubs in a relegation battle that could all be desperate for an Ings to secure them safety.

We paid £24m for Darren Bent over a decade ago, that turned out well worth the fee come the summer of that season. We should be looking to do the same now.

Won’t be anything close to 20 million. I think we can all agree we paid too much for him. “ Most “ strikers coming up on 30 ( unless they are elite and scoring for fun ) will depreciate in value. Always been the way. 

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

You’ve “ me “ and “ I want “ vibes pouring off you. He’s not playing here. He’s now 3rd choice striker. He’s doing what he feels is best for him and we get paid ( won’t be anywhere near what we paid for him but hey ho ) He’s been a good pro. Probably told as far back as Dubai he wasn’t in Unai’s plans and that he’d get a move away when we got someone else in the door. We have so he can leave. I wish him all the best. 

You have the same vibes, i.e your opinion not fact. We don't know what will happen till it does or doesn't happen. I hope we don't let him leave, again an opinion.

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

They are so funny. 10 mill buys his right foot. 

Are we doing this thing where we pretend Danny has had a career here like Yorke ? Did a solid job for us. By no manner of means outstanding. A good pro and from ive heard a top bloke in general but he won’t be going down in Villa folklore. 

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

3 goals in 188 mins under Emery

He's only got one year left on his contract, I don't think ten million is as bad as it sounds, if we were buying him now i wouldn't want to pay much more than that.

People seem to think he's an amazing goal scorer that guarantees goals, but he's only scored in four PL games this season, since joing us he's had at least three spells where he's had ten or more appearances in a row where he's scored just one goal in that time, and people might say it's misleading because of game time, but it's not that misleading because during each of those ten game or more spells where he's barely scored, he's still played around six games worth of football.

If we could get around £12m wouldn't be bad, maybe insert a clause where we get more if West Ham give us more if they survive.

From what West Ham fans are saying I'm not sure he will solve their problems, they seem to think that they're struggling to create chances.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

You have the same vibes, i.e your opinion not fact. We don't know what will happen till it does or doesn't happen. I hope we don't let him leave, again an opinion.

Ok. What we know - he isn’t first choice here and with the arrival of Duran is further down the pecking order. 

He wants ( as presumably ever professional footballer does ) to play football. 

West Ham would not of tabled a bid if they didn’t get feedback from the player that he wanted to move. Advanced talks suggests Villa have accepted a bid. Can’t talk to our player without doing that - it’s illegal. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

West Ham better not mess us around here.

Can see plenty of clubs down the bottom interested in Ings.

Few hours ago he was going to Southampton because Athletic had him as 1 of 3 options they should look at. It's all bollocks opinion or click bait. How is there a few articles in last few hours that Moffi to West Ham down to wages discussion and Ings to them as well?

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Based on what? Bollocks click bait?

What’s bollocks ? Sky sports news are reporting “ West Ham in advanced talks to sign Danny Ings “ I mean they aren’t great but they aren’t **** football insider shite. Or are Villa now selling players Emery wants to keep ? Really ???

We are not the type of club to screw up careers or opportunities for a player that isnt first choice. Danny has done fairly well for us , but its obvious he will be further down the pecking order next season on 120k a week. If we can get around 15 mill for him then it is good business.  And it might free us up to bid for someone else . 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

What’s bollocks ? Sky sports news are reporting “ West Ham in advanced talks to sign Danny Ings “ I mean they aren’t great but they aren’t **** football insider shite. Or are Villa now selling players Emery wants to keep ? Really ???

Sky Sports reported Thierry Henry was odds on to become Villa manager. Source of Ings to Wham seems to be Mike McGrath DT article

Edited by Kiwivillan

Â