Olympics Football 2021

Phil Silvers

Dougie started for Brazil today as a 6 in a 442.

30 mins in and Richarlison bags his hatrick, missed a few too, especially an easy 1 on 1 with the keeper, he's great and crap.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Dougie started for Brazil today as a 6 in a 442.

30 mins in and Richarlison bags his hatrick, missed a few too, especially an easy 1 on 1 with the keeper, he's great and crap.

Luiz is gonna be wrecked when he returns to us.

Full PL season -> full tournament in South America -> Olympics in Japan -> England.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Great finish from Paulinho, also love the bow and arrow goal celebrations, anyone know who started that. Cavani maybe?

I think Cavani's used to be miming a sniper rifle sort of thing but he got a slap on the wrist about it

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Full PL season -> full tournament in South America -> Olympics in Japan -> England.

Agree but we will have a plan in place me thinks, long gone are the days when didn't have a clue what we're doing.

FWIW he dropped below what he can do towards the end of last season to the point of being dropped.

We don't know what our mf will look like upon his return but I'd hazard a guess that he may struggle for minutes.

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Great finish from Paulinho, also love the bow and arrow goal celebrations, anyone know who started that. Cavani maybe?

Dani Guiza did it at the Euros in 2008 for Spain but he copied another player from Spain think was Kiko(think he played for Atletico) when we played

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I think he will be on holiday until September 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dani Guiza did it at the Euros in 2008 for Spain but he copied another player from Spain think was Kiko(think he played for Atletico) when we played

Thanks Zatman, you're knowledge is impressive, hope you didn't cheat😄

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Thanks Zatman, you're knowledge is impressive, hope you didn't cheat😄

Haha no, i was a big fan of Guiza at the time. Think we were briefly linked under MON 😂but he never followed up his form

12 hours ago, sne said:

The Argentina-Australia games seem to have been a heated affair. 12 yellow and 1 red.

Australia won 2-0.

Referee was card happy & shite.

I see the Dutch women best Zambia 10-3 last night. Some of the football on show was atrocious from both sides judging by the ‘highlights’. 

Olympic football should be scrapped! 

Edited by villan-scott

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I see the Dutch women best Zambia 10-3 last night. Some of the football on show was atrocious from both sides judging by the ‘highlights’. 

Olympic football should be scrapped! 

Women's tournament has the best players available thou unlike the men's version so for female footballers it's actually a kinda big deal.

But yeah, football can do without the Olympics. Especially now that Messi has won a proper international title to go with his 2008 Olympic one.

Â