Olympics Football 2021

Phil Silvers

1 minute ago, sne said:

Canadia knocking out Brazil is a bit of a surprise right?

Canada ranked 8th, Brazil 7th.

Two great saves from the Aussie keeper just!

USA knocked out of the women tournament by Canadia, fantastic news. Only sour note is that Donald Trump will now use this to spew his hateful, misogynistic, homophobic bulls*** to taunt them.

• Like 2

A very women football goal there for Sweden :D 

Missed the first half as I was watching the athletics but seen the replays and I have no idea why the Australian goal was disallowed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sne said:

A very women football goal there for Sweden :D 

Missed the first half as I was watching the athletics but seen the replays and I have no idea why the Australian goal was disallowed.

I missed the disallowed goal and like you the first half. Think this was a more even contest than the first time we met, but I think we ran out of steam in the 2nd half. Been riding our key players too heavily.

To be honest, I have not been impressed with the standard of the refereeing in the Olympics at all FWIW.

Been lot of talk about moving the time for the final due to the extreme heat and seems they are still not sure what's happening.

Watching the bronze game now and at least the pitch is in the shade so far but it's something like 32 °C and 60% humidity. The final tomorrow is played 11 am local time . No sure how the sun will move over the pitch but from what I've read there is no shade during that part of the day. If it's this hot and the sun moves in they surely at least have to add a water break.

Edited by sne

On 02/08/2021 at 11:58, sne said:

USA knocked out of the women tournament by Canadia, fantastic news. Only sour note is that Donald Trump will now use this to spew his hateful, misogynistic, homophobic bulls*** to taunt them.

And there it is. What and odious quivering little sphincter of a man he is.

DONALD TRUMP RIPS MEGAN RAPINOE & USWNT... Claims 'Wokesters' Cost U.S. Gold Medal

Donald Trump just unloaded on Megan Rapinoe and the USWNT ... calling them "leftist maniacs" who cost the United States a gold medal at the Olympics.

The former President went off Thursday morning ... stunningly claiming the women's team's kneeling protests and political comments were the reasons they didn't win gold in Tokyo this summer.

"If our soccer team, headed by a radical group of Leftist Maniacs, wasn’t woke, they would have won the Gold Medal instead of the Bronze," Trump said.

"Woke means you lose, everything that is woke goes bad, and our soccer team certainly has."

Trump's rant didn't stop there ... he went on to say the team's protestors should be kicked off the squad, and then criticized Rapinoe for her political statements and her play.

"They should replace the wokesters with Patriots and start winning again," he said.

"The woman with the purple hair played terribly and spends too much time thinking about Radical Left politics and not doing her job!"

https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/05/donald-trump-rips-megan-rapinoe-leftist-maniacs-uswnt-in-scathing-rant/

Absolutely awful penalty shoot-out in the women final. Pressure getting to the 2 most experienced Swedish players Asllani and Seger who both miss. Sweden had the chance to win but missed 3 straight. Only 5 out of 12 total penalties went in.

Canadia wins the gold.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Absolutely awful penalty shoot-out in the women final. Pressure getting to the 2 most experienced Swedish players Asllani and Seger who both miss. Sweden had the chance to win but missed 3 straight. Only 5 out of 12 total penalties went in.

Canadia wins the gold.

Waving Canadian GIF by South Park - Find & Share on GIPHY On a side note, what a cracking do or die 5th penalty from the Canadian player. Two Emi's wouldn't have saved that.

• Like 3

Â