Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

On 22/10/2022 at 09:58, rodders0223 said:

He's a complete and utter dud. Slow, weak, lazy, one footed, ponderous, unfit, predictable.

Bad player. Bad attitude. 

On 20/10/2022 at 22:03, Risso said:

Where’s his pace, where’s his ability on the ball. All he seems to do is a few step overs and drag backs with the defender 3 feet away, before losing the ball. Dire. A waste of money up there with McCormack, Ings and Balaban.

Some classic outtakes in this thread if you go further back🤣

• Haha 2

Unbelievable skill for the assist , credit to Ollie and his foot work and anticipation getting his bodyshape right for the finish both are the same page in the past I think Ollie or anyone we had in the box would have been caught on their heels.

10 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

don't be harsh on the posters, I advocated signing him but even I thought we should try and sell him just before his form turned under Emery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bose said:

I know it’s been said umpteen times but the turnaround is ridiculous.

Please let’s all give Diaby some leeway as well, he’ll come good in time.

Diaby is better

• Shocked 1

21 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

All of the critcism he received was based on fact. He was utterly useless for a long stretch and at times gave off the impression that he was lazy. 

Testament to him that he has worked so hard and is now playing brilliantly, a joy to watch. 

Going back to slag off posters who were bang on with their observations at that time is really odd. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

All of the critcism he received was based on fact. He was utterly useless for a long stretch and at times gave off the impression that he was lazy. 

Testament to him that he has worked so hard and is now playing brilliantly, a joy to watch. 

Going back to slag off posters who were bang on with their observations at that time is really odd. 

Not sure what you onabout? 

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Grealish 

Bailey is on track to have more league G+A than Grealish has ever had in a season. Jack was amazing but he never had much end product. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

Bailey is on track to have more league G+A than Grealish has ever had in a season. Jack was amazing but he never had much end product. 

He played in a worse team in a different role, he was used far more like Ramsey is, a ball carrier. He would be great in the Ramsey role now with Moreno over lapping on the left

My favourite bits are where he's so tricky he even wrong foots himself and slips, but then recovers his footing and does something ridiculous and you're left wondering whether the slipping was actually an intentional part of the manoeuvre.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

It's a bold move defending awful takes that have been proven completely wrong 🤣

'No! They were right to be wrong!'

Derp.

What's been proven wrong? Bailey flattered to deceive and had really poor decision making for quite a while. Right now, and for a while, he's on fire.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

What's been proven wrong? Bailey flattered to deceive and had really poor decision making for quite a while. Right now, and for a while, he's on fire.

This ....

I find the trowelling of past comments quite deceiving, just because those comments are wrong now does not make them wrong at the time.

Weird rabbit hole this thread has decided to go down after a good win and a great performance by Leon 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

The past takes that said he'd never make it here were clearly wrong. That doesn't mean they were bizarre takes at the time though. 

I can't recall if I got to that stage, but I definitely thought he wasn't going to improve unless he overcame his injury/fear of getting re-injured. He seemed to be playing with no confidence in his body. 

Given how long his lack of form lasted for, it's not surprising at all that some thought he would never overcome it. 

Those that were saying he was shit and had no ability were wrong though,  he'd shown it before, and he's now shown it since. To me, it was clear something hadn't clicked to unleash it, rather than the fact he didn't have it. 

I remember in the summer people were happy to sell him for 5 million to Ajax

He always had the ability and its brilliant to watch him in full flow. He might even be better than the Grealish guy

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

He played in a worse team in a different role, he was used far more like Ramsey is, a ball carrier. He would be great in the Ramsey role now with Moreno over lapping on the left

Bailey has already bested Jack's best year at City as well. Leon is truly on an amazing run. He is averaging a goal contribution every 90 minutes or so. That's a world class level of production. 

• Like 1

Â