Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

3 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

I don’t believe for one moment he deserves an improved contract - for the sake of the club and our interests it would probably make sense that his contract does not run down, but I would not offer him a single penny more. 
Given his contribution since joining the club overall he should be happy to sign anything that the club choose to offer him.

He's a good player in my opinion 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

He’s not a bad player at all, with Diaby he has more freedom which made him contribute more. He was at his best skills against Mostar.

You can see it in a lot of games where teams gameplan specifically for Bailey and not for our other attacking players. 2 players are on him as soon as he gets the ball. They build a wall where he wants to cut inside. In the games where teams have focused more on taking away diaby or another more central player Bailey has looked a lot better where he can get his man 1v1 and beat him then start running into the box. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

He’s not a bad player at all, with Diaby he has more freedom which made him contribute more. He was at his best skills against Mostar.

Also showed some great moments of flair against Wolves. One sequence in particular.

Fine, I don't remember if it came to anything but he is starting to show he is capable of beating multiple players at once.

Hopefully an ascent to his best.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Yes definitely. He's been on fire this season 

I wouldnt exactly say on fire, but he's definitely been improved. 

Although,  he does have 2 goals and 1 assist in less than 180 minutes of football, so he's on over 1.5 gca per 90 at the moment. 

Hopefully he gets more minutes and can maintain anything close to that rate of output, then he would be on fire.

Its really the fact he has only done it against weaker opposition so far (Palace and Everton), that means I'm not waving the rejuvenated banner just yet. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

You can see it in a lot of games where teams gameplan specifically for Bailey and not for our other attacking players. 2 players are on him as soon as he gets the ball. They build a wall where he wants to cut inside. In the games where teams have focused more on taking away diaby or another more central player Bailey has looked a lot better where he can get his man 1v1 and beat him then start running into the box. 

For me that is Bailey’s biggest problem - he doesn’t beat his man anywhere near enough. Seems far to content to check inside and lay it off. 
Probably one of the reason why I prefer Bert - he has that sense of engagement about him and not afraid to have a go at whoever he is up against 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think an extension is far likelier than a new contract like Watkins.

No way we'll be paying him more.

He's deffo worth a 1/2 year extension and dangle the carrot of a nice new contract if he can find his form.

Some interplay with Diaby been really nice, he's got great feet and technique, he's quick, he just needs to find some consistent form 

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

He's deffo worth a 1/2 year extension and dangle the carrot of a nice new contract if he can find his form.

Some interplay with Diaby been really nice, he's got great feet and technique, he's quick, he just needs to find some consistent form 

Agree with parts of this.

Unfortunately I don't think he'll be interested in an extension. His pa will be in his ear about salary options if he's signing for someone (Al-Blahboob) on a free.

Â