Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

There's a difference between Leon taking a break and people indulging wild, unsubstantiated claims of a police chase involving a jet ski.

Totally agree. If it was a whistle stop one day break then fair enough. Any longer then not so good. 

21 minutes ago, punkymonkey666 said:

Do you need a licence for a Jet Ski?

Judging by the monumental dickheads I have to deal with occasionally on VentoteneSanto Stefano no, license not required. Just money and being a word removed.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Should change his name to Grealish.

Then he could even do lines off chihuahuas bumhole 30 minutes pre match and the responses would be :

" LAD... Got to love him... He's just a kid living the dream ! " 😂

I've said before though .. unfortunately...the better you perform, the more you get away with.

When fans dislike you... If you breathe wrong or listen to Hip Hop too loud you get blasted.

Even Tyrone Mings would just be a string of poor performances and losses away from being " An arrogant gum chewing prick who thinks he's made it since he got called up to England " etc.

In light of everything, fans will be wound up and it would OBS be best to " stay low ".

Thing is, no one even knows why he was, wherever he was either! Family? Therapy? Transfer? Transit?

Surely the Dele Ali saga is lesson enough for people to think twice about jumping to conclusions about players.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I won't jump to conclusions. I don't believe the jet ski story. We don't even know he's gone on holiday as that airport photo could well be very old or could even not be Bailey.

There just seems to be something a bit weird going on. If he was indeed suffering from a back injury at half time, and he's not likely to be declared fit for the next game, I can't blame the club for letting him go on a holiday, especially given the lateness with which he was playing international football. He's not getting another break till after Christmas with our fixture list so take it while he can get it.

But I just get the feeling that after such a performance, and with the belief that he is injured,  he'd be better suited staying around bodymoor for a day before swanning off (if indeed he has).

The sequence of events and continued lack of output, combined with the seeming fact that he'd rather be on holiday, suggests to me its the start of the end of his time here. I'll be (very pleasantly) surprised if he returns to us and delivers a performance that is remotely like ones he did in Germany. I had very high hopes that he'd rekindle his form with the Diaby partnership, but pre-season and the Newcastle game suggest its not going to change anything.

Prove me wrong Bailey...id love it. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

I can't believe he's been here 2 years already and only really produced a handful of impressive moments. 5 goals and 6 assists in the league across 2 seasons. It's not completely horrific but it's just not what I think a lot of us expected from a big money signing. It's not even like it's one of those situations where the performances have been better than the numbers suggest either. He's rarely shone and often seems to be a passenger in games. It's just reached a point where it's hard for me to see it working out here. That's said whenever he's on the pitch I will be rooting for him and the rest of the team.

4 hours ago, villan95 said:

I can't believe he's been here 2 years already and only really produced a handful of impressive moments. 5 goals and 6 assists in the league across 2 seasons. It's not completely horrific but it's just not what I think a lot of us expected from a big money signing. It's not even like it's one of those situations where the performances have been better than the numbers suggest either. He's rarely shone and often seems to be a passenger in games. It's just reached a point where it's hard for me to see it working out here. That's said whenever he's on the pitch I will be rooting for him and the rest of the team.

But he was not a big money signing and people seem confused by that. He cost just 10 million more than we got for an unproven Chukwuemeka and 10 million less than Newcastle paid for Gordon

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But he was not a big money signing and people seem confused by that. He cost just 10 million more than we got for an unproven Chukwuemeka and 10 million less than Newcastle paid for Gordon

Completely disagree. At the time he was roughly our second most expensive signjng ever after Buendia and was seen as a statement signing by the board (see purslows replacing grealish video.

He was £10 million more than we got for Chuk. That’s right: we got good money for Chuk.

He was £10 million less than Newcastle paid for Gordon. That’s right: he was an expensive signing as well. I don’t really see what these examples prove? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Completely disagree. At the time he was roughly our second most expensive signjng ever after Buendia and was seen as a statement signing by the board (see purslows replacing grealish video.

He was £10 million more than we got for Chuk. That’s right: we got good money for Chuk.

He was £10 million less than Newcastle paid for Gordon. That’s right: he was an expensive signing as well. I don’t really see what these examples prove? 

Just because he was our 2nd most expensive transfer doesnt mean it actually is an expensive deal at Premier League level. Same transfer window Cunha was bought for more

30 million is the average price for an average wideman. Antony went for 80 million, Sancho even more

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Just because he was our 2nd most expensive transfer doesnt mean it actually is an expensive deal at Premier League level. Same transfer window Cunha was bought for more

30 million is the average price for an average wideman. Antony went for 80 million, Sancho even more

Yes it just shows how far we are behind the big boys in terms of spending capacity. 

Don't care about holidays, jet or anything else. I don't understand the obsession with what players do in their free time.

He isn't playing very well, and other than flashes in occasional games doesn't look as if he was a great signing. 

In his defence, in his role he is asked to work back which doesn't really suit his game. The pace and aggressiveness of the Newcastle press really left him at sea (without a jet ski). 

Probably a really good player in a different league. 

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Us not being able to pay 80m+ for Antony or Sancho is probably a good thing.

Yes on rubbish like them but I do think footballers prices are out of control. Grealish at 100 million seems like a bargain compared to what Chelsea are spending 

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive never understood why he isnt taking free kicks for us. In germany he was taking them and doing well from clips i saw on youtube

Cos he's probably as bad at them as he is at everything else. Mega Flop. Sell. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

I still think a £30M signing should be contributing way more. I'm certain the club will have expected a lot more for their money. We may as well have kept El Ghazi or Trezeguet for the output Leon produces.

• Like 1

Â