Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He was a coup when we signed him. Can't see anyway it works out for him here. 

He is one of the few players who hasn't improved under Emery. He is a good player but it's doesn't look likely to work out here. With Harrison & Zaniolo seemingly about to join, Leon will be surplus to requirements and we should be looking to move him on this summer. I wonder if Everton might take him now Harrison has turned them down. 

Just now, Made In Aston said:

He is one of the few players who hasn't improved under Emery. He is a good player but it's doesn't look likely to work out here. With Harrison & Zaniolo seemingly about to join, Leon will be surplus to requirements and we should be looking to move him on this summer. I wonder if Everton might take him now Harrison has turned them down. 

Source? 😅

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Valencia is when I gave up

Same for me but I still had a bit of optimism that maybe it’s due to the heat/it being preseason. But as much as I like him as a person, it’s just hard to see where he’s going to come good. Maybe some extended time coming off the bench for us might work.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some clubs/leagues and players just don't work out.

I think this is one of those cases.

Wouldn't surprise me if he went to another League and did well.

I think his confident, morale and maybe even motivation is shot.

Ok the motivation front I don't think it's necessarily because he's " lazy ". Just think he's frustrated about how it's gone for him as well plus the Injuries etc 

I'm sure both you and I would equally love some sort of magical redemption but I've stopped holding my breath.

Villa fan first, unless he's playing for Jamaica of course. Lol

Agreed 100 percent!

He does strike me as someone that’s on the emotional side of things, so i can see why hes frustrated with himself and it having an impact on his performances.

But yeah I’m with you on this, I know he’s not got that many fans anymore here. My dads side who are mainly Villa fans (Jamaican side of my family) are starting to feel the same too

• Like 1

I feel sorry for him, but after that performance there are no more excuses. He is simply too weak and has problems coping with the intensity and tempo. The only time when he contributes is when he has the ball with much space in an attacking position, and even then it's 50/50 if he will do something productive.

He showed some promising bursts in one of his first games (against Everton?) and was good in the first game after Gerrard got sacked. Apart from that I can't remember much he has done.

He has been here for two seasons, had the whole spring and a pre season, and sorry to say, but I have now stopped hoping that he will come good.

It ac be said that injuries and niggles has hampered him, but unfortunately that is ofthen the case with players who do not cope with the intensity and physicality of the Premier League.

• Like 1

He just doesn't fit what we need or our style of play.

Unfortunately he is the type of player who will come out and have a good game now and we will think he has turned a corner.

Then he will go missing for another 6 games !

I think there's a disconnect between how fast/strong he thinks he is when he gets the ball Vs the reality especially in relation to the opposition defender. Things that worked for him at Leverkusen/before the injury just don't come off anymore. He either needs to rework his game or do something physically or it's never going to work out here.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe  we can offer him to Galatasaray if the zanilo deal becomes permanent 

You would imagine he would be very good in turkish league

I think Traore to Gala makes sense I've Bailey to them 

He just doesn't have good enough technique to play the ball quickly in tight spaces and that's a big part of our game now. Bailey would probably suit a more counter-attacking team where he has space to run in to. I could see him doing a job at West Ham, Everton or Brentford (if his under-performance is due to lack of confidence rather than injuries having taken their toll).

It gives me no pleasure to say this......

Leon Bailey, is struggling in this League....quite apart from his inability to beat a man, he can't stay on the ball, from innocuous challenges...That renders him not fit for purpose, that has to have an impact on our other players performances.

This league demands athleticism and Physicality to even start on the skill set...and that is in short supply at B6 and he is just another addition.

We need to draw a line here, and recover funds to be utilised to better effect.

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe  we can offer him to Galatasaray if the zanilo deal becomes permanent 

You would imagine he would be very good in turkish league

8 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think Traore to Gala makes sense I've Bailey to them 

They've just signed Zaha though?

Or do they play in different positions?

6 hours ago, TRO said:

It gives me no pleasure to say this......

Leon Bailey, is struggling in this League....quite apart from his inability to beat a man, he can't stay on the ball, from innocuous challenges...That renders him not fit for purpose, that has to have an impact on our other players performances.

This league demands athleticism and Physicality to even start on the skill set...and that is in short supply at B6 and he is just another addition.

We need to draw a line here, and recover funds to be utilised to better effect.

Painful for me to " Like " these posts.

• Like 1

On 13/08/2023 at 18:16, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some clubs/leagues and players just don't work out.

I think this is one of those cases.

Wouldn't surprise me if he went to another League and did well.

I think his confidence, morale and maybe even motivation is shot.

On the motivation front I don't think it's necessarily because he's " lazy ". Just think he's frustrated about how it's gone for him as well plus the Injuries etc 

I'm sure both you and I would equally love some sort of magical redemption, but I've stopped holding my breath.

Villa fan first, unless he's playing for Jamaica of course. Lol

I think you are probably right JV - I just don’t feel that he posses the cut and thrust required to be a success in the premier league. Like Bertie I imagine he is probably banging worldies  on a frequent basis during training.

Maybe Spain/Germany and France in particular could offer him rich pickings.

Its not happening so best to move on asap for all concerned imo 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I can’t believe he’s still here let alone starting. I’m rarely desperate for a player to be sold but he just can’t be gone soon enough.

Who's going to buy him? Even Leverkusen aren't crazy enough to take him back. One year loan deal to Turkey was probably our only option to be rid of him. 

• Like 1

Â