Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Really really not getting the hate. 

We was an outlet today and we looked much worse when he went off. 

3 or 4 players were worse than Bailey today. 

Double and tripled up on him all game because they were terrified he'd get one on one with burn. 

did I watch a completely different game than everyone else? I thought he was alright, nothing special, but him coming off made us a lot weaker. I'd say there were 4/5 players who I thought had a much worse game than Bailey did

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Please do elucidate as to his positive contribution. All I saw was his poor control and getting knocked over.

I just said, he was an outlet. Gave us width. Occupied defenders. We were neck and neck with Newcastle first half. We had nothing up front second. 

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Opened up the space when diaby hit the side netting. Created a hige amount of space in the middle for Luiz, Kamara and Diaby, Won a corner we had a free header from. And did well defensively despite a lapse leading to the goal. But it's like he wasn't the only one who made a mistake for the first. Kamara did too and he's a CDM. Wingers make mistakes when defending. 

Thanks. Genuinely do appreciate your reply. Still think he was shit.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Risso said:

People have been saying that since he first signed. It's a myth, he's just shit.

He was supposed to be a rapid winger when we signed him.

I still hope we'll get to see that player eventually

• Thanks 1

Just now, sidcow said:

A lot of but hurt people looking for a scapegoat. 

There were worse performances all over the pitch today. 

He's been terrible since he joined. There might have been a player or two worse than him today, but most of them have played at a higher level and more consistently for us than Bailey ever has. Kamara was poor today but has had lots of good games. Bailey hasn't had lots of good games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

A lot of butt hurt people looking for a scapegoat. 

There were worse performances all over the pitch today. 

Yes but the other 9 (not counting Diaby) aren’t consistently poor. Leon isn’t a new signing, and this performance is nothing new from him. 

• Like 1

I don’t think people are piling on just because of today. He was poor but there were perhaps 2/3 other players that were equally as bad.

It’s just, he’s never good is he? Kamara, McGinn and Konsa were poor today, but they’ve been excellent for the last 8 months therefore people cut them some slack. Bailey is just ALWAYS poor. He’s slow, weak, unfit and can’t seem to ever put in even a decent performance away from home. 

Fans are fed up with him. He’s just a total disappointment nearly every week. So when you start saying ‘he wasn’t even the worst player today’ and that he’s a ‘scapegoat’, just remember that fans have had enough of his insipid performances and the backlash is an accumulation of him being constantly poor and coming with an expensive price tag.

Im not sure we can afford to get rid but my god, you can kiss goodbye to a top 6 push if he’s playing consistently in the league for us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Yes but the other 9 (not counting Diaby) aren’t consistently poor. Leon isn’t a new signing, and this performance is nothing new from him. 

Like I said. I don't think he was that bad today. Others disagree. Fair enough. 

Pass completion percentages today:

Cash 85%

Konsa 92%

Torres 91%

Digne 78%

Kamara 84%

Luiz 92%

McGinn 80%

Diaby 88%

Watkins 83%

Bailey....drum roll......36%

And for comparable wide players, Gordon - 81%, Almiron 97%

Edited by Risso
  • Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, Risso said:

He's been terrible since he joined. There might have been a player or two worse than him today, but most of them have played at a higher level and more consistently for us than Bailey ever has. Kamara was poor today but has had lots of good games. Bailey hasn't had lots of good games.

Again. Look at last year's goals. He had involvement in many of them. Many involvements in goals for a team who finished third in the form table under Emery. He really hasn't been terrible since he joined. 

Is he good enough for where we want to go?. Probably not. But this narrative that he's awful is just not true. 

Emery keeps faith with him. Why. Emery is no judge of a player

He could have gone a dozen ways today but he went with Bailey and we were better when he was on. 

4 minutes ago, Risso said:

Pass completion percentages today:

Cash 85%

Konsa 92%

Torres 91%

Digne 78%

Kamara 84%

Luiz 92%

McGinn 80%

Diaby 88%

Watkins 83%

Bailey....drum roll......36%

And for comparable wide players, Gordon - 81%, Almiron 97%

Yeah I wonder why that was. Almost like every time he received the ball they swarmed him with 3 players because they were shitting themselves about him getting in a 1 on 1 situation with burn. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Again. Look at last year's goals. He had involvement in many of them. Many involvements in goals for a team who finished third in the form table under Emery. He really hasn't been terrible since he joined. 

Is he good enough for where we want to go?. Probably not. But this narrative that he's awful is just not true. 

Emery keeps faith with him. Why. Emery is no judge of a player

He could have gone a dozen ways today but he went with Bailey and we were better when he was on. 

We got considerably worse after the break because we lost our best defender in Mings, the player who knits the whole side together. **** all to do with Bailey.

• Like 1

Â