Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

6 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

Another I have my doubts can take us to the next level lack of consistency big issue.

I

Agree. 

In his defence the one Buendia put on a plate for him but he controls, I think he ran slightly ahead of the play and couldnt connect first time without stretching

Probably should have attempted it without taking a touch

We seem to be good at signing wingers....where was we when Gnonto and Tete was being released.

I think the scouts need to be shown, what good ones resemble.

Leon seems incapable of beating a man, not a good trait for a winger.

On 04/02/2023 at 22:47, M_Afro said:

With our current options, he has to play but we really need better than him next season. The same is true of Emi2. We’ve managed to shift one of the Grealish three and I suspect the other two won’t be far behind. That summer was a disaster for us. Fortunately, with the sultan pulling the strings, this summer should be more productive.

We would be foolish to give up on Buendia. He could have had a goal on Saturday, and could very easily have had two assists. He has been inconsistent but he's so clever in the final third, there's no way I'd be selling him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

We would be foolish to give up on Buendia. He could have had a goal on Saturday, and could very easily have had two assists. He has been inconsistent but he's so clever in the final third, there's no way I'd be selling him.

He did have a good game on Saturday. If he can start to string those performances together regularly then I would totally agree with you. He has generally been pretty poor though. Hopefully Saturday can be the turning point.

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I personally think he’s become a bit of a scapegoat for when we don’t win. We’ve always had them. 

So what do you think of his recent performances and decision making on the ball?

On 06/02/2023 at 16:12, TRO said:

We seem to be good at signing wingers....where was we when Gnonto and Tete was being released.

I think the scouts need to be shown, what good ones resemble.

Leon seems incapable of beating a man, not a good trait for a winger.

I don't buy into Gnonto quite yet, his stats this season are worse than Baileys, half the amount of goals per game. He reminds me of Adama Traoré, looks great but short on end product.

34 minutes ago, tinker said:

I don't buy into Gnonto quite yet, his stats this season are worse than Baileys, half the amount of goals per game. He reminds me of Adama Traoré, looks great but short on end product.

I agree, rough diamond so far for me. 

Just happened to turn into prime Robben against Aston Villa though didn't he. 🤣

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I agree, rough diamond so far for me. 

Just happened to turn into prime Robben against Aston Villa though didn't he. 🤣

Is that the match Bailey scored in and got MOTM on Sky ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

So what do you think of his recent performances and decision making on the ball?

Not great but not as bad as everyone makes out. In my opinion of course. Was only 2 games ago he scored one and made one for us to win 2-1. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He is only 19 to be fair. 

So what, you need a player to deliver on the day not in 4 years time, on that day Bailey delivered. In 4 years time Gnonto might be good enough or he might be still the same, loads of bling that doesn't translate to end product.

I'm very impressed with his numbers since Emery has come in. He's at 0.42 xG per 90 he's had total 2.7 xG and has scored 2 goals. 

Overall he has quality attacking numbers on fbref in the PL this season. He's doing well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tinker said:

Bailey is not exactly, blessed with beating his man, is he?

Edited by TRO

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I personally think he’s become a bit of a scapegoat for when we don’t win. We’ve always had them. 

A bit of both IMO.

He hasn't really been great, but he hasn't been as horrific as some would have you believe.

He actually started the game quite well, then it all went down hill.

Kamara and Emi are more liable than anyone for us losing the game, but the least favourite/ appointed scapegoat will always get the wrath.

He needs to do something though, whether that be bulk up and be more determined or it won't work for him here.

Seems to be one who plays well, when the team is playing well, but when it's a fire fight he shrinks.

Extremely frustrating because at his best he's a menace.

Needs to be taken out of the firing line for a while IMO.

Might be better as an impact sub.

• Like 2

Â