Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

He’s not a shit footballer but he’s not great either.

He has some real skill but can’t back it up consistently

One game in ten he looks really good, not sure that's enough if we are serious about breaking into the top ten

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

He’s not a shit footballer but he’s not great either.

He has some real skill but can’t back it up consistently

Kinda where I am with him. Wasn’t great, the first part of the second half I thought he looked alright. I think I prefer him playing on the left, fwiw.

Shouldn’t be a starter though, if we can move him on in the summer at a vaguely reasonable sum, I’d do so.

• Like 1

A footballer who seems to have forgotten how to kick a football properly. He hasn’t just missed chances - he hasn’t even connected with the ball properly.

I can’t remember seeing anything like it. Probably needs taking out of the firing line for his own good. 

Edited by JB
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Man oh man. What, when he kept losing the ball? 

This discussion is moot. He won’t be here next season I shouldn’t imagine. Weak player. 

He seems weak mentally 

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

But still looked the most likely to score or assist. 

No, he really didn't. He had the ball more than any of our attackers and produced the grand total of f all... again.

We already had traore who was a master of a left footer played on yhe right who also cut back inside and 90% kept it too long and ran into players and lost the ball.

Bailey looks a less skilful slightly faster version.

• Like 1

Baileys excuse on here for being consistently poor is his confidence. Buendias excuse is that he needs a run of games and isn’t playing his preferred position.

Both aren’t good enough and both won’t start when Ramsey and McGinn are back fit along with signing a new winger. 

The club haven’t signed a good wide player in years. 

Bailey is no better than El Ghazi, Trezeguet and Traore. Just when you think he’s turned a corner and I give him the slightest bit praise, he puts in a months worth of turgid performances. 

We’ll keep throwing money at it in the hope it comes good though I’m sure. We’re so poor in the transfer market. 

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He seems weak mentally 

I don't think he weak mentally, if anything he's overconfident, but that combined with poor football intelligence (which is a running theme throughout our squad and imo one of our biggest issues), and you get the kind of performances he's served up throughout the majority of his time.

You have the ball on the wing; you have 3 opposition players in front of you, but a teammate unmarked on the edge of the box. Do you A pass to that teammate, or B try and take on all of the opposition players and lose it.

Because option B is what he keeps doing, repeatedly. That braindead and selfish play is making him very unlikeable.

Edited by andym
  • Like 1

Â