Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

What the hell is going on at our football club.

We just need to sign Richards and Lescott 

For the record  , if Ajax won't to give us anywhere near what we paid for Bailey I would and expect the club would be happy to move him on.

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Is he out of line?

A players career is short and he can't sit by and watch Bailey waste another year. 

I've got no issue with it. We're an absolute mess on the pitch and this is what comes from it. 

Regardless of our current feelings, yes, I think he is out of line for doing this in public.

We can't let our frustration and anger let us literally just rally with anyone who is against SG/ The club " just because ".

His interests aren't for the club, they are his own.

Doesn't set a good precedence.

What if a new Manager doesn't start him often either?

He's actually being a bit sinister here.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

For the record  , if Ajax won't to give us anywhere near what we paid for Bailey I would and expect the club would be happy to move him on.

They have just pocketed £80m, Leon wouldn’t be going anywhere for less than £60m

Edited by macandally
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Ajax are cheap bastards. Even if Bailey tried forcing a move we wouldn’t let him go cheaply.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Regardless of our current feelings, yes, I think he is out of line for doing this in public.

We can't let our frustration and anger let us literally just rally with anyone who is against SG/ The club " just because ".

His interests aren't for the club, they are his own.

Doesn't set a good precedence.

What if a new Manager doesn't start him often either?

He's Bailey's agent and step dad. Of course his interests aren't for the club who persuaded him to sign and then hired a manager that doesn't use wingers. 

I'm not saying it's ideal but given the current situation I'm not surprised he's looking at potentially getting his client out of the club. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Ajax are cheap bastards. Even if Bailey tried forcing a move we wouldn’t let him go cheaply.

Ajax record transfer is around 30m? If they offered anywhere near that I'd count ourselves really lucky and snap their hands off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bailey has been largely disappointing for us. We spent a lot of money on him in transfer fee and wages with very little return. Butler is just leaping on the current chaos at Villa to protect his asset. It’s predictable and annoying but the bloke is a bit of a loud mouth and thus it’s not unexpected. If he was half as good as Butler makes out he’d be doing a bit better than links with Ajax. 

Aren’t they about to have 100m burning a hole in their pocket? 

If they can sign Bailey for £30m from us, it would be a good bit of business for them. For us, we don’t play with wingers so whatever really. We should play with wingers but our manager is a c*** so it makes sense for us to sell him. 

This is a mess. A complete mess.

Personally, I think Bailey is good as a right winger. Selling him now for us to bring in a manager who plays with wingers would be prime Villa.

• Like 1

If they have sold anthony for 80m+ why would we sell bailey at 30m? That makes absolutely zero sense.

We would be looking at 50m surely?

We should be building a team round bailey not selling him. If gerrards even contemplating it purslow should be shoing him the door

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We will accept 15 million then he will rip up the Champions League and Ajax will sell him for 60 million next summer

If we were to sell him it’s because he’s been largely crap. I don’t think we can really think he’s class because of pre season and Bolton in the cup. Also if we have no intention of playing wingers then ultimately just sell him 

5 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Bailey hasn’t even been that harshly treated by Gerrard, at least not compared with many others. When fit he has usually played, not always from the start but still. This season he’s played 180 mins to Buendia’s 170 and Coutinho’s 220.

He was even being played ahead of Buendia, when I don't think he deserved to be at the time, as he was nowhere near form.

Â