Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think we should be building a team around bailey. He should not be benched as he has been.

I'd be building around Buendia. Not that the two players are mutually exclusive; looks how Bueni set up Bailey yesterday. But pacy wide players are easier to find that someone with an eye for the defence-klling pass.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TomC said:

I'd be building around Buendia. Not that the two players are mutually exclusive; looks how Bueni set up Bailey yesterday. But pacy wide players are easier to find that someone with an eye for the defence-klling pass.

Buendia is superb at spotting a forward pass into a player who's in space, and crucially, he plays it early. He's honestly such an intelligent player.

• Like 2

I loved his goal last night.

The camera was right behind him and you could see how he moved the defender and the goalkeeper to where he wanted them, and just passed the ball into the net.

A lesser player would have tried to break the net or put some curl on it, and would have probably missed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WHY said:

This forum gets better, Bailey has gone from looking like he was pulling a cart horse to build a team around the guy in 5 games.

I was about to say the same 🤣.

Not even necessarily my own opinion, as I always felt he could eventually come good.

However as close as last week he was written off as lightweight, not fast or very good.

Now we should build the team around him 🤣

Football fans are absolute nutters.

Obviously I'm happy whenever he does well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Buendia is superb at spotting a forward pass into a player who's in space, and crucially, he plays it early. He's honestly such an intelligent player.

I'm personally not sure if we should be " building around " anyone, we've seen how that goes.

I'd rather build around our spine and consider the " threats " as accessories. As we know, they do too well and they're potentially off, but if you have a strong spine you're usually good.

So I'd rather build an impressive midfield and defense.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TomC said:

I think the pair of them could potentially be lethal.

As you say, EMI with the well weighted through balls and Leon to run on and finish.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was about to say the same 🤣.

Not even necessarily my own opinion, as I always felt he could eventually come good.

However as close as last week he was written off as lightweight, not fast or very good.

Now we should build the team around him 🤣

Football fans are absolute nutters.

Obviously I'm happy whenever he does well.

If Gerrard won 5 games in a row we’d be talking about top 4. 

Take nothing seriously as an Aston Villa fan, it’s absolutely mental in here. 

And that’s why I LOVE IT 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WHY said:

This forum gets better, Bailey has gone from looking like he was pulling a cart horse to build a team around the guy in 5 games.

"This forum" is made up of people with differing opinions. Plenty have backed him to come good his whole time here.

• Like 4

I liked his piece on the OS talking about how he trusts his body more. Didnt realise this was his 1st pre season in 3 years as he didnt have one last year or year before. 

Also speaks highly about the villa fans.

He is very likeable guy

Â