Villa Park Pilgrimage

MNVillan

24 minutes ago, Paulie said:

What’s the best way to go about getting tickets if one was to plan a trip over internationally?

I’m planning a similar trip across the Atlantic in the spring.

I don’t even have them yet. I’m a Minnesota Lions member and have been in contact with our chairman to help us arrange tickets

10 hours ago, MNVillan said:

It’s official, Mrs. MNVillan and I just booked our flights. Hoping to see Palace on November 27 at Selhurst Park and make our pilgrimage to Villa Park on November 30 to see us beat Man City.

All that’s left now is getting tickets sorted.

Good luck. Hope it goes better than my trip, 3 games. 3 defeats. But that was 15/16 for you.

Also, if it isn't on the agenda already and they are running. Do the Villa Park tour. It's a must.

Edited by Hornso

6 hours ago, Hornso said:

Good luck. Hope it goes better than my trip, 3 games. 3 defeats. But that was 15/16 for you.

Also, if it isn't on the agenda already and they are running. Do the Villa Park tour. It's a must.

Honestly, I’m not too worried about match results. I’m going to see the best footballing team in the world. Plus I’m going to see Manchester City

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, MNVillan said:

I don’t even have them yet. I’m a Minnesota Lions member and have been in contact with our chairman to help us arrange tickets

If for some reason you struggle then I'm sure someone on here will be able to help.  Home tickets shouldn't be any issue.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, MNVillan said:

It’s official, Mrs. MNVillan and I just booked our flights. Hoping to see Palace on November 27 at Selhurst Park and make our pilgrimage to Villa Park on November 30 to see us beat Man City.

All that’s left now is getting tickets sorted.

If you go Palace make sure you visit a pie and mash shop and have a double double with chilli vinegar and liquor with a side of eels.

Sounds gross but heavenly grub

Best is probably Manze's off Deptford Hight Street (if it is still there) 

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

If you go Palace make sure you visit a pie and mash shop and have a double double with chilli vinegar and liquor with a side of eels.

Scared Classic Film GIF by Shudder

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Stay Mad GIF

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

No fan of the cockernees but was very pleasantly surprised when I had P&M.

A must if visiting London IMO 

My take, the pies are outstanding, the mash is excellent, the parsley liquor is OK.

The jellied eels can **** off.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

My take, the pies are outstanding, the mash is excellent, the parsley liquor is OK.

The jellied eels can **** off.

My mate who is Brick Lane born and bred said his nan and her mate used to sit at the back of one of these establishments sucking the eels and spitting the bones into a bucket

Just now, Follyfoot said:

My mate who is Brick Lane born and bred said his nan and her mate used to sit at the back of one of these establishments sucking the eels and spitting the bones into a bucket

Good job them eels had no twitter back then.

Tired Marine Life GIF by pikaole

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Must have been a very popular girl. 

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

https://www.claytonhotelbirmingham.com

How’s this place? Seems to have good reviews.

My company had 2 Christmas Parties there.  It's very nice.  A modern hotel and just had a big extension. 

The only thing I would say is that it's a TINSY bit out of the way, you need to cross a busy road (but good crossing points) to get into the city core and the most direct route takes you up a very short but slightly dodgy (probably more dodgy looking than actually dodgy) road. 

It's just a bit dingy and lots of buses stop there so there's generally loads of people hanging about for buses.  Honestly I wouldn't let it put you off but just letting you know what it's like.  You can always walk through The Bullring if you don't like the route or if Marks and Spencer is open duck through their back door. 

There is a massive building site opposite for the new High Speed Railway Station but I don't think that would be very disturbing, there is only really preparation works going on right now, not full blown construction. 

There is an absolutely brilliant pub right opposite called The Woodmans Rest but you will find noses in there on their match day, maybe on other days too, obviously it is a pub in town so only there are allowed in there obviously😂😂

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My company had 2 Christmas Parties there.  It's very nice.  A modern hotel and just had a big extension. 

The only thing I would say is that it's a TINSY bit out of the way, you need to cross a busy road (but good crossing points) to get into the city core and the most direct route takes you up a very short but slightly dodgy (probably more dodgy looking than actually dodgy) road. 

It's just a bit dingy and lots of buses stop there so there's generally loads of people hanging about for buses.  Honestly I wouldn't let it put you off but just letting you know what it's like.  You can always walk through The Bullring if you don't like the route or if Marks and Spencer is open duck through their back door. 

There is a massive building site opposite for the new High Speed Railway Station but I don't think that would be very disturbing, there is only really preparation works going on right now, not full blown construction. 

There is an absolutely brilliant pub right opposite.  The Woodmans Rest but you will find noses in there on their match day. 

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. How hard is it to get to VP from there?

Just now, MNVillan said:

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. How hard is it to get to VP from there?

Well it's well located for that.  Assuming you're getting a cab the main road I mentioned will get you straight there in about 10 minutes. 

I should mention that depending on which side your room is you will have The Sty spoiling your view. 

Still it will prepare you all the more for the magnificence of Villa Park after looking over that dump. 

I would also say it's very handy for Millennium Point and Moor Street Railway Station. 

Â