Tammy Abraham

nick76

You can try to split the difference all you like but Tammy Abraham is a **** ace striker and wherever he ends up he will score a bucketfull of goals. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You can try to split the difference all you like but Tammy Abraham is a **** ace striker and wherever he ends up he will score a bucketful of goals. 

He will score goals. He won't help his teammates score goals. There is a reason why all of the top stiekrs in the world's are great at creating chances for others as well. Who are the 2 players with the greatest Premier league seasons ever? Henry and Suarez. Both assisted a **** ton of their teams goals and most of them were only possible due to their brilliance. 

There is a reason he is on the out with Tuchel despite his replacement being unable to hit the target from 2 yards out. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

And he missed 1/3 of the season. And not all of those go to Watkins.

Our chance creation outside Jack is relatively poor. So when he was missing our attack atrophied to the point we were scoring fewer than 1 goal a game for a decent period of time. 

KDB was injured a lot and played 183 mins less than Grealish. KDB edged him with chance created every 25 mins vs 27 mins

25 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

KDB was injured a lot and played 183 mins less than Grealish. KDB edged him with chance created every 25 mins vs 27 mins

I wasn't comparing Jack to KDB although obviously he benefits from his team having way higher possession stats.

I was just saying Watkins would likely have scored quite a few more goals had Jack been fit. 

• Like 2

Not crapping on Tammy, just responding again to the original question or statement regarding who is better. And the method of trying to use stats to back that up.

The simplest and most direct way I can put it…

If Tammy had been in our team last season, in place of Ollie, we would not have done as well. Actually, I think we would have struggled.

Ollie was immense for us in more ways than one, more than just finishing off chances - and he was great at that too. A key player and huge part of our progression and success. He brought so much to our overall game and was reliable.

I see no reason to have more affection or admiration for a Chelsea player than one of our own & best players. Ollie is better, show him some love.

Can anyone realistically see Tammy scoring the kinds of goals that Ollie did, often from sheer determination and workrate? Would he have scored that hat trick against Liverpool? Particularly that 2nd? goal where he planted the ball in that top corner? 

They’re not even similar in style, Tammy is a poacher. He needs the team to dominate and put chances on a plate for him. He is effective then, but not in a team that can struggle to gain a foothold in a game at times… you stick Ollie in that Chelsea team…how many would he have scored? What would have been his strike rate?

Tammy was surrounded by stupidly expensive players and successful pros, he was being served chances on a plate and at a high/consistent rate from a team that tends to dominate games, is usually in the top 4, regularly competing in the CL and even won the bloody thing.

We, on the other hand, barely survived relegation the previous season.

We had Grealish…not even for the whole season and creating for more than just Ollie. Traore pitched in too tbf.

Buendia is here to help out now… and there will hopefully be one or two more…

I just don’t get this rumour to be honest. Watkins was signed for a hefty sum of money to be our central striker and delivered for us last season. Smith will keep 3 up front with two wide men. We won’t spend £40m for a backup striker and Tammy won’t sign to not start. 

A non-starter for me. Will be amazed if this happens and I’d rather us use the reported £40m elsewhere. Tammy will go to Wolves. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, roonst83 said:

I just don’t get this rumour to be honest. Watkins was signed for a hefty sum of money to be our central striker and delivered for us last season. Smith will keep 3 up front with two wide men. We won’t spend £40m for a backup striker and Tammy won’t sign to not start. 

A non-starter for me. Will be amazed if this happens and I’d rather us use the reported £40m elsewhere. Tammy will go to Wolves. 

And then we’d be saying that we should’ve signed him when he bangs loads in for Wolves, I’d go all out for him

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

And then we’d be saying that we should’ve signed him when he bangs loads in for Wolves, I’d go all out for him

You’re really flip flopping here aren’t you? 😆

• Haha 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

You’re really flip flopping here aren’t you? 😆

I just can’t understand why a lot of people both fans and media don’t rate him. For me, he’s 1 of the best young strikers in the world, we’d be silly not to be in for him if he was available 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I just can’t understand why a lot of people both fans and media don’t rate him. For me, he’s 1 of the best young strikers in the world, we’d be silly not to be in for him if he was available 

Err… but I’m sure you’ve said we don’t need him and he won’t come here to sit on the bench 😆

I’m jesting, you can change your mind. But maybe not quite so quickly or often 🤣 I’m reminded of that sketch from the Fast Show 🤣

Again, Tammy isn’t crap. Although, I don’t think you should confidently state that he’s one of the best young strikers in the WORLD unless you’re aware of a massive amount of players and have vast knowledge of several different leagues.

We’ve really covered this whole subject to death now…

And we haven’t even placed a bid & seem unlikely to…

This place is going to combust if we actually do!!! 🤣🤣🤣

It’s the end of Villatalk if we manage to sign him! 🤣 This place won’t be able to handle it!

• Haha 1

This is such a weird thread, Tammy was good for us but he never wanted to be here career wise. He was the ultimate mercenary that produced the goods. One poster is obsessed with the transfer and defending any negativity about the deal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

I said shit (relative to Premier league quality) at 90% of the game. He is very good at scoring goals and getting in goalscoring positions. Also he isn't getting champions league football is he because Tuchel doesn't think he is good enough. 

Maybe you need to watch Chelsea’s 19-20 where he led the line to a Top 4 finish in the PL, which most think they wouldn’t do but also in the CL.

Basing your opinion on when Tuchel was appointed is a cry of desperation.

1 minute ago, QldVilla said:

Maybe you need to watch Chelsea’s 19-20 where he led the line to a Top 4 finish in the PL, which most think they wouldn’t do but also in the CL.

Basing your opinion on when Tuchel was appointed is a cry of desperation.

He scored goals but they were still better when giroud played. Whilst willian was a donkey this year he was amazing last season and justified his contract. If not the length of it. They had arguably the best midfield trio in the league with Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante as well. 

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This is such a weird thread, Tammy was good for us but he never wanted to be here career wise. He was the ultimate mercenary that produced the goods. One poster is obsessed with the transfer and defending any negativity about the deal

Inspiring Tim Tebow GIF by Home Free

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He scored goals but they were still better when giroud played. Whilst willian was a donkey this year he was amazing last season and justified his contract. If not the length of it. They had arguably the best midfield trio in the league with Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante as well. 

Ok champ, so finding more excuses to justify your opinion, doesn't scream desperation at all.... 

Did you happen to think that Tuchel not playing Tammy regularly has more to do with the remit from the owner to get both the expensive signings going...??

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

But where does he play? I’d be keen to get Tammy back if we didn’t have Watkins but they play the same position. I just can’t see us spending £40m so we can shift our top goalscorer out wide.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Err… but I’m sure you’ve said we don’t need him and he won’t come here to sit on the bench 😆

I’m jesting, you can change your mind. But maybe not quite so quickly or often 🤣 I’m reminded of that sketch from the Fast Show 🤣

Again, Tammy isn’t crap. Although, I don’t think you should confidently state that he’s one of the best young strikers in the WORLD unless you’re aware of a massive amount of players and have vast knowledge of several different leagues.

We’ve really covered this whole subject to death now…

And we haven’t even placed a bid & seem unlikely to…

This place is going to combust if we actually do!!! 🤣🤣🤣

It’s the end of Villatalk if we manage to sign him! 🤣 This place won’t be able to handle it!

My knowledge of foreign leagues isn’t what it used to be, there used to be programmes on our tv like Football Italia that I used to enjoy watching but there isn’t anymore sadly. Maybe my comment about him being 1 of the best young strikers in the world was a bit hyperbolic, I’ll rephrase it, he’s 1 of the best young strikers in the Premier League. I can’t understand for the life of me why a lot of fans of all clubs and media don’t rate him 

Â