Tammy Abraham

nick76

Just now, Dave-R said:

Nobody should ever have a guaranteed starting place. The whole reason upgrades are brought in and better than existing players it so that those existing players should be able to compete. If Tammy was brought here sure he'd have some games ahead of Watkins but the idea that he or Watkins are guaranteed starters is madness. The competition should be tight between the first and second not a walk in the park for Watkins and certainly not make him feel as though he's guaranteed his spot.

Also Watkins at final value of £33m and Tammy we are talking £40m but the rumour was £38m are roughly the same value.  Just like Tammy shouldnt be guaranteed a place, neither should Ollie be guaranteed his place.  Some on here think Ollie should be our only striker and we dont need competition but Ollie should be fighting for his shirt.  He has earnt the first place at the moment but he has to keep doing well to keep the shirt.  He had two real droughts of goals last season where if we had another top striker we couldve changed.  Also the competition will improve both Ollie and Tammy.  Again competition is only one reason to bring in Tammy and not the only reason, there are plenty of others.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

brendon urie rave GIF 🤣🤣

Do you feel the next coming of Milot

I also think Jas is a definite yes for bringing in Tammy to the Villa. 

He has converted to the light side of the force

Joining Welcome Home GIF

episode 7 GIF by Star Wars

• Haha 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Also Watkins at final value of £33m and Tammy we are talking £40m but the rumour was £38m are roughly the same value.  Just like Tammy shouldnt be guaranteed a place, neither should Ollie be guaranteed his place.  Some on here think Ollie should be our only striker and we dont need competition but Ollie should be fighting for his shirt.  He has earnt the first place at the moment but he has to keep doing well to keep the shirt.  He had two real droughts of goals last season where if we had another top striker we couldve changed.  Also the competition will improve both Ollie and Tammy.  Again competition is only one reason to bring in Tammy and not the only reason, there are plenty of others.

Yes it's a very close fee and both fees are not far from one and other but some of these guys are going off as if we hardly paid owt for Watkins but paying the world for Tammy.

Some feel Ollie should be the final guy around here for our forward and that David and Wesley should remain because they can't touch Watkins. they get to attached very quickly this lot and no matter what once that happens they can't ever see that person sold or abit of competition come take that players position over. If it were upto some fans here we'd be well and truly screwed in favour of having old museum like players still at the club lol.

I believe Tammy could compete with Watkins, I believe Watkins would answer back and they would get better as a result of really competing. If we do not provide Watkins with decent competition, we then run the risk of having Watkins turn all Kodjia and slowly and possibly getting relaxed and inconsistent. Think smart about this and think what is best for Watkins, which is a tough hard right for No1 striker position. Even then Smith will no doubt use both without a doubt and make sure both are happy at the club. Having both really does give us a different edge, different way of approach, different dimension with a bunch of options.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I also think Jas is a definite yes for bringing in Tammy to the Villa. 

He has converted to the light side of the force

Joining Welcome Home GIF

episode 7 GIF by Star Wars

Dark Side Revenge Of The Fifth GIF

59 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yes it's a very close fee and both fees are not far from one and other but some of these guys are going off as if we hardly paid owt for Watkins but paying the world for Tammy.

Some feel Ollie should be the final guy around here for our forward and that David and Wesley should remain because they can't touch Watkins. 

Where have you gotten this impression from. I'm pretty sure everyone who has an opinion on this either thinks Wesley will be good enough. Or thinks whichever forward we do sign should be able to play out wide also. I'm also of the opinion they shouldn't be shit at 90% of the game of football like Tammy is. 

Â