Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

55 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I've not actually owned Gordon yet so I'm mildly tempted to get him in just to have had him whilst he was this cheap. Feels like owning him at some point this season is strangely compulsory. 

He doesn’t do much. But at that price point and with a double double he really only has to turn up to get an ok return

Chelsea costing me this week with no Havertz and Alonso off at halftime. Quite a few people in that boat though I believe with Mount and Coutinho also benched. 

Goals from Watkins and Zaha helping though. 

This whole season can just get in the bin. The extra free hit, games called off, random DGWs, loads of rotation.

They have issues to fix for next season, teams are getting too template because the big teams rotation players aren't worth holding and their price points are a problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

This whole season can just get in the bin. The extra free hit, games called off, random DGWs, loads of rotation.

They have issues to fix for next season, teams are getting too template because the big teams rotation players aren't worth holding and their price points are a problem.

They need to change players like Salah and Mane to strikers. That would be a huge step

Took a -12 to swap Kane to Son (had to also get rid of Livramento before using BB). Paid off so far but Kane always seems to score against Arsenal.

Decided I might as well have some fun at this stage, on for my best ever finish (hopefully in the top 100k for the first time - I know that’s not amazing but I’ve never managed it so will take it!), all a bit ‘what you could’ve won’ now anyway as I got as high as 17k at one point this season.

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

They need to change players like Salah and Mane to strikers. That would be a huge step

Yeh, there's 3 slots to fill up front but hardly any actual viable options and it becomes even less appealing when their goals are worth less points and can't get a clean sheet bonus. 

It's clear the likes of Maddison, Mount, Coutinho are midfielders and that Son, Mane, Salah, Jota are not playing the same position as these guys. It's difficult to sort, Bowen is a winger for me and fine in midfield. What are Sancho, Rashford, Sterling? I don't think you can claim Firmino is a forward and Salah and Mane are midfielders though, when in game Firmino often has a more defensive average position than the other two.

It would be way too complicated and I'm not sure I'd even want it but with these hybrid players you should have multiple options. You can have Salah in M or F but the points scoring will remain, so 4 for a goal if he's a forward and 5 if midfield and the price difference will apply. 13.5m if you want him in midfield and 12m if you want him up front. Either that or make it so a forwards goal is also worth 5 points, maybe that will level it up a bit.

Jota, Havertz will be classed as forwards next season and if they get priced incorrectly or moved back into midfield by their clubs they will become dead assets. Midfielders are massively overpowered in the game.

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

😎😎😎

Glad I went for him in the end too and ditched both Mateta and Werner. Richarlison is doing decent too and hopefully gets something against Watford. 

• Like 1

I'm on a green arrow by the skin of my teeth. I'll be very disappointed if I don't improve on this.

Still got 15 players to play so hoping it pays off towards the end of the week

Only for clean sheets I'd have had a catastrophic week. 78 with Son, Kane & Saka to play is somewhat limiting the damage.  There was a point yesterday evening where KDB captain had 50pts and my entire bench boosted team had 48. Just one of those weeks where you can divide a league into people who had that one guy and people who didn't. I've been in a 2 horse race in a 'Villa on tour' mini-league all season, and the 3rd place man got 170pts so far this week and pissed past the both of us :)

I'll definitely take 106 and a 6k red. Feel like I got out of jail when in reality the order of the matches made it a more uncomfortable gameweek. Had Son and Kane done that earlier in the gameweek I'd have had an easier time 😂

This week been mad.

90 pts but drop 30k places just because Salah Captain benched and people went against the crowd and went Captain De Bruyne or have Son.

Will do well to finish in top 50k at this rate.

Laporte and Watkins doubtful.

Guarantee that if i go Salah to De Bruyne, Mo will smash it and KDB will blank.

40% of managers still have second FH left next week.

Nightmare.

Edited by AshVilla

Obviously buzzing with a gross score of 159 but my -12 actually ended up costing me 2 points compared to if I’d made no transfers! However, my team is in better shape for 38 the other side of the free hit with the changes.

Â