Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

Seems Richarlison might be rotated given that he's been carrying a knock and Lampard has said he'll be giving chances to players who haven't been getting them. So now I may roll the minus 4 dice on either Toney or Nketiah. I'm thinking Toney could do things against Leeds.

Currently at 8k; 17 points off the top 5k which is where I was aiming to finish this season.

Going to be tough to make up that many points in one GW; might go for it with some random picks to gain ground.

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Currently at 8k; 17 points off the top 5k which is where I was aiming to finish this season.

Going to be tough to make up that many points in one GW; might go for it with some random picks to gain ground.

You're on a winner anyway. But yeah I guess it's about how much you want to roll the dice.

14 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Good luck bud. I'm sat at 46k and hoping to just hold rank. Won't be able to make any significant progress higher then that but a top 50k finish would be great. 

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Good luck bud. I'm sat at 46k and hoping to just hold rank. Won't be able to make any significant progress higher then that but a top 50k finish would be great. 

Best of luck. I just want to join you in the top 50k. I'm 53k and I've taken a minus 4. Went Phil to Kulusevski any decided on Richarlison to Toney.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, BOF said:

Best of luck. I just want to join you in the top 50k. I'm 53k and I've taken a minus 4. Went Phil to Kulusevski any decided on Richarlison to Toney.

I drunkenly decided to fix my team last night as I had a few doubts on guaranteed starts and think I was at least - 8 but possibly - 12. Kinda to scared to check what I did but know VvD went so that's hopefully something I did correct. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I drunkenly decided to fix my team last night as I had a few doubts on guaranteed starts and think I was at least - 8 but possibly - 12. Kinda to scared to check what I did but know VvD went so that's hopefully something I did correct. 

Oh FFS 😂 Never FPL while drunk. You become much too reckless.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Oh FFS 😂 Never FPL while drunk. You become much too reckless.

I've finally looked at my team. I took a - 12 bringing in Mount, Sessegnon and Toney for Gordon, Virgil and Nketiah. Also did Cash to Tsimikas to free up funds. No Richarlison or Alonso isn't helping. 

Took a gamble. Brought in Mane and captained him and Sessegnon in for James who was rumoured to be benched. 

Almost paid off but wasn’t to be. 

Finished 127k. My best finish to date but feels like a failure after being in the top 50k about 6 or 7 weeks ago

• Like 1

Somewhere around 68k for me. Never got going, summed up when I took a hit for Watkins around xmas when only 5 mins later the game got called off and I took another -4 to get him out as I couldn't field 11 players. That feels like a long time ago now.

Last seasons covid hit season was actually nowhere near as much of a mess as this one was.

GW36 and 37 hit me real bad and finished 327k overall. Considering I managed 126k (also fell off towards the end) last season it's a bit depressing, my season in general just hasn't been good. Couldn't even manage to crack the top 100k once. 

Wish I had the balls to bin off Salah far, far earlier than I did as well. Maybe next season I'll just try and go for it more often instead of playing it safe. 

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Took a gamble. Brought in Mane and captained him and Sessegnon in for James who was rumoured to be benched. 

Almost paid off but wasn’t to be. 

Finished 127k. My best finish to date but feels like a failure after being in the top 50k about 6 or 7 weeks ago

I know the feeling. My best ever finish but feels like a failure missing top 50k and spending ages at around 10-20k.

Next season will be better though with hopefully less crazy and unpredictable issues (ignoring the ridiculous World Cup). 

Finished the season at 8.5k; easily my best ever finish in FPL.

Pretty lucky overall that I got off to a good start, and then wasn't chasing in mini leagues which let me play a safe game for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm pretty happy with my finish. 47,427 is the highest I'd been since GW16. Had a fantastic start of top 5k until GW9 and then a horrible drop from 16k to 134k from GW14 thru GW19 where I thought I was going to tumble into oblivion. Managed to halt that and get myself back into the top 100k in GW26 and loitered with intent around the 60-70k mark from GW30 onwards just trying to stay in the hunt and make sensible moves to try and claw back into the top 50k which I only managed in the final gameweek.

• Like 1

Â