Emi Buendia or Matheus Pereira ? (poll)

BOF

Pick one  

199 members have voted

1. 1. If we're only buying one this season who do you want it to be?

• Emiliano Buendia (Norwich)
    • Matheus Pereira (WBA)
    • Neither

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/06/21 at 16:30

12 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

But why setup a poll? Mods know something we don't?

This is the final decision for the club. They are sick of everyone moaning so they are just letting VillaTalk make the calls now.

I am a rare Pereira voter by the way. I haven’t seen enough of Buendia but every time I see Pereira he looks dangerous and I think we would do more from set pieces with him, and Grealish wins a lot of free kicks.

(Given 15x as many people have voted for Buendia I will assume I am wrong though!)

Edited by Adam2003

I think price is key. I suspect Pereira will be much cheaper, which might sway it. For the same price, probably Buendia. 

We can look at Buendia tearing up the Championship last season, but the season before he was quite poor in the Premier League - 1 goal I think.

Pereira didn't do as well in his season in the Championship, but he was still very good in his first year in England, and that Boggies team we nowhere near as good as Norwich have been. 

In their comparable PL seasons, Pereira had the far better return; both teams were shit and it was both players 2nd seasons in England. 

Pereira is almost a year older. Not sure that matters. 

52 minutes ago, AJ said:

Slightly leaning towards Buendia, only that I think his morale would be better with Emi M around. 

If the skills are even between the two, morale would be the booster.

Pereira is Brazilian, so we got that covered too. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As I said above don't know much about Pereira, but if the skills are even as you say, he will cost half the price and would probably be a no brainer in that case.

Re: morale, we have two other Brazilian players/nationals here as well.

As @dont_do_it_doug. pointed out, Pereira is Brazilian.

For some silly reason I thought he was Portuguese. ( Shows what I know)

• Like 2

How Bout Both GIF by Joey Bada$$Some people have mentioned that Buendia can play as a number 10, so a front four of….

Watto

Grealish.      Buendia.   Perreira

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Be happy with either but Buendia for sure. Don't expect to sign either realistically

Norwich signed Buendia from Getafe for less than 2m. I'm hoping Lange and our scouting network will find the next Buendia than us paying ridiculous premium for players 

If we do that, we'll be accused of not trying to push on and finish in the top 6 where we rightly belong etc.

5 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

We can look at Buendia tearing up the Championship last season, but the season before he was quite poor in the Premier League - 1 goal I think.

A young kid playing in a foreign country alongside 10 other guys who achieved 21pts.    They had a minus 49 GD. 

He probably spent 6 minutes in the opposing half that season.

5 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I honestly hadn't realised Pereira's raw numbers were quite that good last season. 11 goals and 6 assists in 30 starts. Phenomenal. 

In a team that apart from him was absolute garbage top to bottom. He’s a great player.

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

In a team that apart from him was absolute garbage top to bottom. He’s a great player.

I’ve avoided them for the most part, and the couple of times I’ve watched them aside from our games, he hasn’t played. He strikes me as a player who flits in and out, but that’s hardly surprising when you’re surrounded by garbage. 

Those numbers definitely intrigue me. Of course it’s not as simple as this, but plug them into the 10 role here and we’re playing in Europe next season. 

Pereira is awesome. Buendia is just a machine though. Think Eriksen at Spurs. Always putting in through balls and getting the ball out of his feet quickly. Think he'd suit our team more. We already have Jack who picks the lock slowly and methodically.

• Like 1

Â