Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Realistically people were saying we needed to lose one of our attacking options from midfield in this window and I don't think many had Buendia in their ideal starting XI, yes it's a team game now but he was an expensive player who never lived up to the hype until a few glimmers in this pre-season. 

I still think there was a good player in their but I think he was a bench option that could easily have gone the way of Coutinho. 

It weakens us slightly but we've got time to readjust to this during the window. 

Overall I'm not bothered by this from a cold, supporting Villa perspective but obviously feel for the lad himself as he must be devastated, and also feel for whoever caused the injury in training as they must be reeling right now. 

I was thinking we needed an extra one. 

To me this means we need to make another signing for a winger. 

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

The fact that Ramsey is out makes it much worse , Buendia would have started the game vs Newcastle, we won’t be shoehorning a midfield of Tielemans, Luiz, Kamara.

I think Bailey if fit would have been starting anyway. 

Just now, Tom13 said:

In all seriousness though, such deflating news. Genuinely gutted.

It’s terrible 😔

But it could be worse… at least we can sign players and Unai will improve the guys we have that can come in for Emi…

A few need to step up…

Signings on the way too… much worse if this happened mid season…

It's so typical ffs, it's like a lottery as to which player picks up a serious injury each season.

All the best to him, was going well in pre-season and it's an awful injury at the best of times.

22 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Every god damn season.

FFS.

Every season same shit, but this time the season hasn't even **** started.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Just now, Rolta said:

This is nonsense. He's consistently played well for us. He's not a superstar, but he's a battler with quality—he's been mostly effective for us and has had plenty of moments in a Villa shirt he can be proud of.

Yep, he’s very good and an important player for us. Most of all, Unai is a fan…

Imagine if we got Emi vs Newcastle (US friendly) in most games this season…

I had big expectations for him…

But… we have to manage this situation and replace him effectively for now…

Can’t be too upset (as sad as it is), we’re in a place where we can do something about this and make sure we’re not weaker, we can be stronger if we make the right signings…

23 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so, the reported injury he has, whats the average recovery time?

Depends on the severity of the injury but typically 6 months - 1 year. 

But with the way Buendia plays, I’m not sure he’ll ever be the same player. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

The fact that Ramsey is out makes it much worse , Buendia would have started the game vs Newcastle, we won’t be shoehorning a midfield of Tielemans, Luiz, Kamara.

Tielemans is a better 8 than 6. Can easily play in front of Luiz and Kamara with McGinn behind Watkins and Diaby in a 4222. I posted about this line up several days ago would work well

• Like 1

Just now, rjw63 said:

Every season same shit, but this time the season hasn't even **** started.

spacer.png

It’s actually better this way… at least we can still sign players.

Disastrous if it happened during the season and we couldn’t bring anyone in.

Players like Phil and Leon need to step up now too…

Hopefully JJ is not too far away either…

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, supermon said:

Wesley, Carlos now Buendia. They all start showing glimpses of their quality as well which is the annoying part. So unfair

Did we also have Matty Cash and Kamara out for months at some recent point?  Or was that just general smaller injuries and not 1 big one?

24 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Based on what exactly? Some time around February/March is probably more likely.

that would be a best case scenario. Obviously it depends on the severity of the injury. But if a player is 'good to play' in March, how likely is it that they will be playing full speed PL/European football at top level?

It's entirely possible he might not come back the same player. 

An example is Moder from Brighton - injured last September with ACL, still not back in full playing conditions. 

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok.

This isn't what anybody wanted. Losing a player, regardless of how one judges his ability, isn't helpful for anyone. 

BUT.

I was firmly of the opinion last season that he would very much be a bench option this season IF our transfer window went well. I believe we're still in for at least one other attacking option / wide player. With the emergence of Philogene, maybe this won't be the blow everybody thinks it is. We have Diaby, Bailey, Ramsey, McGinn and Philogene who can play wide and we're likely to add another two players to that crop. 

It's not the end of the world. It would be much more disastrous if this happened to Watkins, Martinez, Kamara, Luiz, McGinn, Torres, Mings or Konsa. IMO

Yes this is my clutching at straws thinking too. Its a massive blow of course but Emi is a player we can probably cope without due to the other options we have in midfield. We have Kellyman too who is looking a prospect and perhaps will now have a bigger part to play? The loss of any of the other players you mention would have been a proper disaster!

Â