Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Played his part this season. You know he’s committed and he showed his passion when one of our players was fouled and Emi was gesticulating angrily from the sidelines. Needs to find consistency tho..

9 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Every one was a winner today, it's a team! If you feel the need to criticise players today then you will never enjoy or understand what it means to be a lifelong Villa fan.

So I can’t be a lifelong Villa fan if I say Buendia was our worst player today? 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Honestly watching us qualify for Europe and then focusing on a personal dislike for one player is EXACTLY how I would characterise most lifelong Villa fans :)

To be fair he was genuinely awful. Insisted on taking the free kick when numerous players had a word with him and Dougie literally is on flames and score on the other week.

Ran the ball out of play. Picked wrong pass after wrong pass.

If we draw that 2-2..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

To be fair he was genuinely awful. Insisted on taking the free kick when numerous players had a word with him and Dougie literally is on flames and score on the other week.

Ran the ball out of play. Picked wrong pass after wrong pass.

If we draw that 2-2..

I have absolutely no issue with him taking free kicks. Over a season we would all be ok with his output 👍🏻

I like his tenacity but I think Buendia could be leaving this summer. He never looks happy on the pitch to me. When he loses the ball in a tackle he complains to the ref instead of chasing back and he doesn’t seem to celebrate with teammates when we score. It’s just my opinion and I could be wrong but considering the players we have been linked with in the transfer market recently, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Buendia was sold 

16 minutes ago, ianifratti said:

I like his tenacity but I think Buendia could be leaving this summer. He never looks happy on the pitch to me. When he loses the ball in a tackle he complains to the ref instead of chasing back and he doesn’t seem to celebrate with teammates when we score. It’s just my opinion and I could be wrong but considering the players we have been linked with in the transfer market recently, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Buendia was sold 

I’m not sure who would buy him?

• Haha 2

I think we need a better number 10 then him. He is a good player to have in the squad, so I wouldn't sell him. But he has clear limitations, so we need better. 

Came on as a sub so would obviously not be as good as the rest who played very well. 

Reality for him is, McGinn has been a better number 10 than him, and McGinn for me is an 8 that can do a job at 10. Not a natural 10.

He has indeed made a few important goal contributions, and the reality is since Emery has come in, every player he has picked to start matches has made positive contributions. So our players are good (Buendia included), but to reach the next level we need to improve the squad and the 10 and 7 positions are obvious areas that can be improved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ianifratti said:

I also think he will leave. He doesn’t appear to be in the best 11 in the opinion of Unai and we will aim to improve upon that in the summertime obviously. 
He is a decent squad option but teams like us can’t afford to have expensive players, in their peak, fulfilling that function within a team. We need either experienced players like Young in that role or talented youngsters with a big growth ceiling as our back ups. 
As a club, we have been really bad at timing the sales of our players. Now feels like a decent time to sell Emi. I think we could still get a decent fee for him, maybe £25m and we could buy a youngster, with similar attributes but a much higher growth ceiling, who would likely be on lower wages, to fill his position as a squad player.

• Like 1

I think he'll be here next year but it's do or die for him next year. He's a busy player, he likes to get about, that endears him to me greatly, I like the lad, but he hasn't really sustained a period of performing at his best. There are quite a few names I think we'd offload before him though.

16 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Every one was a winner today, it's a team! If you feel the need to criticise players today then you will never enjoy or understand what it means to be a lifelong Villa fan.

criticizing fellow villa fans, though.  that's always open season.  😉

16 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

No but you certainly come across as having an agenda against the guy

Edited by Zatman

i love his passion and tenacity.  He has the courage to try the audacious and the skill to pull it off with as much consistency as anyone.  If UE can instill some discipline into the mix, we should keep him.  If not, we should (with sadness) sell him.

• Like 1

Â