Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

I’m a big fan of Buendia and often disagree with his haters on here, but I can’t ignore the amount of times he over hit passes and lost possession yesterday glad he scored and his movement was good but he put us under unnecessary pressure at times yesterday. That doesn’t mean I’ve written him off. Still an important part of this team going forward.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

The weekly scapegoat in a 3-0 win where he scored a goal. Beyond a joke some fans

I love Buendia but who's scapegoating him? People are allowed to comment on his performance. The fact that he scored is irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Deserved at least one assist. Put 2 on a plate for Watkins and another for Bailey. He is our main creative fulcrum and I dread to think of what our attacking play looks without him. 

I couldn't watch yesterday but that's a shame. Absolutely criminal that he's still on 0 assists this season.

He does some wonderful things when given space.

However, when under pressure as soon as he receives the ball - and especially with his back to goal - he turns possession over far more than he should and often immediately

Needs to learn from McGinn on first touch and ball shielding in central midfield.

• Like 2

Yeah before the goal I didn't think his performance was up to his usual standard yesterday.

As an aside, is it me or for a short guy is he better in the air than he has any right to be? He's scored a fair few with his head.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I’m a big fan of Buendia and often disagree with his haters on here, but I can’t ignore the amount of times he over hit passes and lost possession yesterday glad he scored and his movement was good but he put us under unnecessary pressure at times yesterday. That doesn’t mean I’ve written him off. Still an important part of this team going forward.

Whoa. That kind of common sense approach to his performance is going to get you labelled a ‘hater’. 

Buendia was poor yesterday, probably our worst player, but I think overall he’s been much better lately. 

I’ve said it since pretty much the start of the season. You replace Bailey and Buendia in this line up with Karama (and even Luiz) level quality and we’ll be much higher in the table. They’re our weak links in my book. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Yeah not his best game but still got a goal And should have had two assists. He’s by no means perfect but he’s our most important attacking player in my opinion. The “table since Emery came in” has us third, and Emery is obviously the main reason, but that’s also noticeably “the table since Buendia got a proper run in the team…” :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Whoa. That kind of common sense approach to his performance is going to get you labelled a ‘hater’. 

Buendia was poor yesterday, probably our worst player, but I think overall he’s been much better lately. 

I’ve said it since pretty much the start of the season. You replace Bailey and Buendia in this line up with Karama (and even Luiz) level quality and we’ll be much higher in the table. They’re our weak links in my book. 

I don’t think so some people continuously have the knife in for certain players regardless of performance, I just try to view things from a balanced perspective Matty Cash was crap a few weeks ago I was one of the firs few to point this out , his thread hadn’t been bumped in weeks because a certain few were to busy raging in the Buendia and Bailey thread , I’ve been happy enough to praise Matty Cash since and there lyes the difference between being logical and a hater my friend.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

He does some wonderful things when given space.

However, when under pressure as soon as he receives the ball - and especially with his back to goal - he turns possession over far more than he should and often immediately

Needs to learn from McGinn on first touch and ball shielding in central midfield.

Fully agree. Whether it’s a physicality issue or just lack of awareness, most of the times he receives the ball with his back to goal he is easily tackled and/or muscled off the ball. Needs to improve a lot on this if he is stay in the first XI once UE recruits in the Summer. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Keyblade said:

70% of those instances look like fouls to be honest. Refs just don't seem to give him much, and he makes it worse by moaning about it. He's extremely creative though, he must have created at least 3 chances today

I want to say he created a 1 on 1. A good opportunity for a shot inside the box for bailey and a he passed it to ramsey in the middle of the box who then won the corner we scored from. 

There were probably others as well but that's off the top of my head. 

i have generally defended Buendia, however.......

He is far too weak when receiving the ball, i lost count how many times he got dispossessed yesterday, i dont mind any creative player receiving the ball and trying to make things happen, but so many times it doesnt even get to that, he is just muscled off the ball really easily, or he has poor initial control and loses the ball, he really, seriously needs to improve in this area of his game.

He does have some excellent qualities, but he also has some serious weaknesses, hopefully he can work on actually holding on to the ball and controlling it without being bodied off.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i have generally defended Buendia, however.......

He is far too weak when receiving the ball, i lost count how many times he got dispossessed yesterday, i dont mind any creative player receiving the ball and trying to make things happen, but so many times it doesnt even get to that, he is just muscled off the ball really easily, or he has poor initial control and loses the ball, he really, seriously needs to improve in this area of his game.

He does have some excellent qualities, but he also has some serious weaknesses, hopefully he can work on actually holding on to the ball and controlling it without being bodied off.

But oddly there have been plenty of times where he has weathered tackles and kept possession and not been easy to get off the ball, so I don't understand why he's become so bad at retaining possession this season, no one can tell me he's not capable of this.

I was at my annual Villa game yesterday.  Noticed he always seems to be complaining and huffing with ref when ball is long away.  You don’t notice it on tv.  Is this a regular occurrence or just because he was frustrated yesterday? Was from the very start of game.

12 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I was at my annual Villa game yesterday.  Noticed he always seems to be complaining and huffing with ref when ball is long away.  You don’t notice it on tv.  Is this a regular occurrence or just because he was frustrated yesterday? Was from the very start of game.

he does bitch and moan a lot

9 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

His passing stats are similar to Kevin De Bruyne nearly every season. Players that try to make things happen lose the ball a lot

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

His passing stats are similar to Kevin De Bruyne nearly every season. Players that try to make things happen lose the ball a lot

He has zero assists this season in the PL, out of interest what stats are similar to KDB? 

4 minutes ago, WHY said:

He has zero assists this season in the PL, out of interest what stats are similar to KDB? 

Makes no sense. He has created multiple chances we didnt score from. How is that his fault?

Â