Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s clearly not.

I had exactly the same view, he's starting to look like the player we thought he could be for the club, but there were 2-3 moments during the game where he was knocked off the ball to easily. Not sure whether a technical or mental issue but he needs to work on it.

While frustrated at times, Buendia has started every league game under Emery so I don’t think he’s going anywhere.

I can see why but I can also see the areas he needs to improve. Think you’ll always have a bit of mercurialness to him depending on the day but unlike a Bailey, the graft is there and even on an off match, he’s still providing chances and scrapping for a goal. 

70% of those instances look like fouls to be honest. Refs just don't seem to give him much, and he makes it worse by moaning about it. He's extremely creative though, he must have created at least 3 chances today

• Like 4

Agreed. On another day, a ref calls fouls on some of those. He’s always been in for a struggle when the other team has more allowance for challenges. 

On the other hand, he made Rice look like a muppet playing the same position so chalk it up to an off day. 

Edited by DJBOB

As someone mentioned in the match thread he looked good when he was facing the goal attacking but when he had his back to goal he was quite poor and lost the ball too many times.

He is still probably our most creative player and most games he puts a goal on a platter for Watkins which he fails to convert.

I don't think we have much of an option but to start him for the remainder of the season.

Also his header was actually really good for the goal. Very quick reaction. A lot of players probably wouldn't have expected it and would just get hit in the side of the face.

Edited by TheMightyVillans
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

The weekly scapegoat in a 3-0 win where he scored a goal. Beyond a joke some fans

People are criticising aspects of his game that were apparent yesterday. That’s part of it. Nobody is calling for him to be sold. It’s recognising the talents of a player whilst pointing out their faults. 

• Like 2

Just now, The_Steve said:

People are criticising aspects of his game that were apparent yesterday. That’s part of it. Nobody is calling for him to be sold. It’s recognising the talents of a player whilst pointing out their faults. 

👀

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Yes yes but rather than revel in a great victory some people always seem to need a pantomime Villan

• Like 1

On 03/03/2023 at 19:34, Keyblade said:

He started about 25% of matches he was unavailable for.

Christ, no wonder he looked so poor at times. It's a wonder no permanent damage has been done. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yes yes but rather than revel in a great victory some people always seem to need a pantomime Villan

Yes don't think there's any reason to be negative about his performance at all. He's an integral part of the team going forward and I can only see him getting better 

Deserved at least one assist. Put 2 on a plate for Watkins and another for Bailey. He is our main creative fulcrum and I dread to think of what our attacking play looks without him. 

11 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

The weekly scapegoat in a 3-0 win where he scored a goal. Beyond a joke some fans

I saw a comment on the Guardian saying he was "awful". He scored, should have had an assist if Ollie scores a straightforward chance. We won 3-0. He presses incredibly well and thus contributing to a clean-sheet.

But yeah, needs replacing, awful, weak link, waste of money etc etc.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I have no idea why I said unavailable :lol:

Can't believe I was the first to pick it up. Any VT error normally ends up resembling a piranha feeding frenzy. 

• Like 1

Â