Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

I agree that Buendia shows glimpses, I feel like I'm one of his biggest fans but I also trust Unai and he see fit to bench him maybe he sees or knows something we don't.

I would suggest he won't be judged on today, but we need to see more than glimpses on the run in.

A proven upgrade of him is James Maddison. Linked to Newcastle, Spurs and Man. City in last few weeks so that shows unless we scout incredibly well or a top level player randomly decides they want to join us we're always likely to sign project players who'll need time to settle in.

Buendia has his flaws especially with some of the passes he attempts and today he just got lost in the shower of s*** that was the first half but I'd be keeping him in the team personally.

Ramsey and Bailey are far more likely to lose their places for Arsenal.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

A proven upgrade of him is James Maddison. Linked to Newcastle, Spurs and Man. City in last few weeks so that shows unless we scout incredibly well or a top level player randomly decides they want to join us we're always likely to sign project players who'll need time to settle in.

Buendia has his flaws especially with some of the passes he attempts and today he just got lost in the shower of s*** that was the first half but I'd be keeping him in the team personally.

Ramsey and Bailey are far more likely to lose their places for Arsenal.

Fair assessment, hopefully he proves me right by the end of the season... I believe there is a great player in there, but great players find solutions.... He seems very easily defeated mentally 

2 hours ago, Mister_a said:

Either move him on, or try to get at least another few players to try to get on his wavelength.

It's not working with him playing passes to no one because no one has idea what he is going to do.

This. Buendia relies on intelligent runs around and in front of him. Ollie doesn't make these anywhere near regularly enough.

Look at how well he linked up with Moreno last week. Intelligent movement, that's what he needs. Get some clever players around him (Moreno, Traore, Duran?) and you'll see the best of him on a more regular basis.

• Like 1

I dont know what he could have done. We didnt have much possession, we were too deep and the midfield was largely bypassed. it wasnt his game but I wouldnt write him off because of yesterday. The whole team wern't at the races. 

• Like 2

He had a massive strop when he sat down after being subbed. One of the coaches passed him a coat, and tried to put an arm round him, to which Buendia quite forcefully pushed his arm away. I suppose you don't want a player who's happy to either lose or be subbed, but he comes across as being a bit high maintenance.

2 minutes ago, Risso said:

We didn't really spend the £100m from the Grealish sale very well. Ings already sold on, Bailey absolutely dismal, and one good game in three from Buendia.

It's shocking how much money we have wasted on complete duds.

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

If we can somehow claw back half of what we paid for him i'd sell.

Not good enough.

It's like the Leicester game didn't exist. 

He's gone from dominating a game in which he hit the bar twice and was denied at the very least two assists from poor finishing to "not good enough" in 90 mins against the reigning champions whom we have a catastrophic record against away from home. 

He's not suited to games where we don't have the majority of possession. When we dominate the ball, as we did against Leicester, he looks excellent. 

Horses for courses possibly. 

Ironically, in the games where we struggle to hold onto the ball Man C, Arsenal, Brighton for example, Coutinho has looked excellent. So play him in those games and Buendia in the others?

• Like 1

I think he’s easy to pick on because of the price tag and that he was supposed to be part of the Grealish replacement. 

JJ has been equally awful playing the similar position but his thread is more of a “needs a rest” vibe to it

Â