Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

On 16/09/2022 at 23:57, AndyM3000 said:

I can't blame him, he probably thinks he has to score or assist every sub appearance to have any chance of getting into the 11 next match.

Yep. Scarily, that's how simplistically I think Steven looks at the game. Not when it comes to his favourites mind.

12 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I agree with you on almost everything @Tomaszk, you know that!

But on this one, I’m sorry, this idea that Buendia is a great player and ‘our best player’ just doesn’t fit what I’m seeing on the pitch. 

He loses the ball way too often to play centrally and he doesn’t have the pace or strength to play out wide. 

He’s capable of the sublime, and by that, I mean his ability to pick a defence splitting pass is excellent, but he just gets caught in possession so often.

Right now, if I had to pick 2 of Bailey, Coutinho and Buendia, Buendia would be my last pick. 

Disagree tbh. He could be a wide playmaker just fine.

8 minutes ago, Spoony said:

But then when he has started this season he has been shite. 

When Gerrard starts that God awful dysfunctional midfield behind him, is that a surprise?

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

When Gerrard starts that God awful dysfunctional midfield behind him, is that a surprise?

No not particularly. Same reasoning can be applied to Coutinho though.

I’m playing devils advocate a bit here as I love Buendia but whenever he finally gets his (very hard earned) chance he absolutely blows it. 

9 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

When Norwich were in the Premier League Buendia created the 3/4th highest chances that season behind De-Bruyne and Grealish I can’t remember who else was up there.

It was probably also Buendia losing the ball so much that lead to Norwich finishing on 21 points and a -49 goal difference that season 😆

• Haha 1

I think we can all agree theres a quality player there, one of our best and would start in at least half of the other premier league teams. But hes very lightweight and our problem is we have too many small players and we get bullied. Emi, McGinn, Coutinho, Bailey and Luiz are all small. 

On 17/09/2022 at 18:27, ChesterDad said:

I’m sorry but he is our best player bar none - If Gerrard had the b@lls to set him free for a run of around 7-10 games, no one would dispute this.

It's just a shame that he's been inconsistent when starting and more impactful as a sub.

Â